Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ditto, lol. Even if I have to pay I'd rather have the much nicer mount.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hats exactly it.
I'm not after anything for free. I prefer that mount which is why I started looking to check it would fit.

And the fact I am impatient and when I buy something I want it at my door yesterday lol

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
hats exactly it.
I'm not after anything for free. I prefer that mount which is why I started looking to check it would fit.

And the fact I am impatient and when I buy something I want it at my door yesterday lol
we can all blame amazon for that haha.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Haha yeah although amazon in UK can be hard work.

Where I live we have the amazon warehouse the despatch goods for delivery.
Yet it will take 3 days to deliver some items so if order on Friday it would be Tuesday when it was delivered. Yet I could walk to them in 10 minutes and pick it up.

Yet I can ship something from china on Thursday and have it on Monday

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perfect! So will use this wall bracket in the future if the PFB300S still the same, in order to thanks for your trying, will offer you 1 free dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z as a gift, please share me your address with private conversation.
I just booked 10pcs PFB303W. So can use for replacing.
Nice to be here, always helpful.
Andy
Whoa, was not expecting that.

Thank you Andy. Your generousity is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to a long relationship and many more purchases.

SD

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Solar Deity - My table looks just like yours now (PFA120/corner mount). Are the bolts included with the corner mount for concrete? Wasn't entirely sure but they look that way. Those things are a lot beefier than one might expect...I was surprised.
Had it for 10 days, but just opened it.

Those are most definitely concrete anchors. Drill a 3/8" hole with a hammer drill, tap them in and tighten the nuts while it draws in and spreads.

Anchors.JPG

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1. I shall join this ever growing list of bracket converts!

This should remove all doubt.

View attachment 16075

Green light.....

SD
Great work @Solar Deity. I actually did get a response back from Dahua International but it was just to ask the country the products were to be used in, lol.

in order to thanks for your trying, will offer you 1 free dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z as a gift
Way to go Andy, you are a breath of fresh air when it comes to doing business the RIGHT way.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon and/or @Solar Deity does anybody of you have a dome cam advise for me? Blue Iris hardware - NEED HELP :)
All depends, but basically, if you plan to only use dahua get their NVR, if you want to be able to use a mix go stuff blue iris, if you like to tinker and customize stuff BI might also be the better choice, if this is an overview can and you don't need face ID a starlight turret should do you fine, if you need more zoom they also have a 35mm version, not sure if you can buy it yet or how much it costs though.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon and/or @Solar Deity does anybody of you have a dome cam advise for me? Blue Iris hardware - NEED HELP :)
I'm way too green to recommend anything, and have zero experience with BI. The research I did had the HDW5231R-Z as the best camera value vs. performance to come along in while. I purchased the dome version of this, HDBW5231R-Z, with on board IR. It is for an interior install as domes are not the best choice for outdoor use.

I can attest this camera has amazing low light performance, useful intelligent features (tripwire, intrusion, etc.), and is only $170. I'm sure you could get it to work with BI. There are many veterans on the forum to advise.

SD

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY is sending me a 'true' mount but I'm impatient and could not wait. I straightened the mount with a some 'elbow grease', bench mounted vise and two 6 foot long pieces of 1 1/4 inch cast iron pipe. PERFECT.

First, I inserted one 6 foot section of 1 1/4 cast iron pipe in the plate end of the mount and secured that pipe horizontally in the bench vise. Secondly, I inserted the other 6 foot section of 1 1/4 inch cast iron pipe into the receiver end of the mount. Make sure you screw in the mounting sleeve. Slowing pull the pipe in the receiver end, leverage should be easy using the 6 foot length. BOOM, straight with no kinks or noticable compression .

I attached a picture of the adjusted mount with a framing square to gauge SUCCESS!

Attachments

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm way too green to recommend anything, and have zero experience with BI. The research I did had the HDW5231R-Z as the best camera value vs. performance to come along in while. I purchased the dome version of this, HDBW5231R-Z, with on board IR. It is for an interior install as domes are not the best choice for outdoor use.

I can attest this camera has amazing low light performance, useful intelligent features (tripwire, intrusion, etc.), and is only $170. I'm sure you could get it to work with BI. There are many veterans on the forum to advise.

SD
Starlight turret works 100% with BI. :)

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mounted this beast :)
It took me half of Saturday, but I had a series of unfortunate events :)
The biggest unfortunate event of all was that after everything was properly connected and sealed it occured that camera has a power but there is no connection over lan. The lan wire was checked with a special device and it was okay, so it seemed that I fucked up the camera lan wire during the mounting (it was a hell of a fight with all the wires and I thought that I broke it), so I unmouted the camera, removed the shell around the lan wire and checked all the lan lines separely if it's broken or not and guess what. Somehow when everything looked okay with the wire I finally started checking the rj45 socket and bingo, two of the small metal connection blades that should go down when you insert the plug and go up when you unplug it - they were stuck :(
Somehow I manged to release them with a needle and voila it worked. Mounting took me around 3 hours and I lost another 3 frustrating hours of finding problems.
Now I need to figure out how to setup the camera. I am just playing with it and I can tell you, this baby can see in complete darkness :) it's worth every penny
I'll post some more pics of the mounting soon.

Attachments

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The biggest unfortunate event of all was that after everything was properly connected and sealed it occured that camera has a power but there is no connection over lan. The lan wire was checked with a special device and it was okay, so it seemed that I fucked up the camera lan wire during the mounting (it was a hell of a fight with all the wires and I thought that I broke it), so I unmouted the camera, removed the shell around the lan wire and checked all the lan lines separely if it's broken or not and guess what. Somehow when everything looked okay with the wire I finally started checking the rj45 socket and bingo, two of the small metal connection blades that should go down when you insert the plug and go up when you unplug it - they were stuck :(
Somehow I manged to release them with a needle and voila it worked. Mounting took me around 3 hours and I lost another 3 frustrating hours of finding problems.
Now I need to figure out how to setup the camera. I am just playing with it and I can tell you, this baby can see in complete darkness :) it's worth every penny
Looks good but I would have been tempted to straiten it out myself before mounting.

One poster above did and that's what I'll do if the "apparently correct" mount Andy has sent is off.

Should be fairly easy with a bit of elbow grease

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this under something that will keep rain off? otherwise I will be interested to see how you protect the wires.

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's somehow protected by a cover but in case of heavy wind it can get some rain, but wires are kept and connected in an IP66 box mounted under the camera. It's all sealed with silicone.