Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I like it very much that this pfb303w will fit these cameras. I think i posted in the past that i wanted to try it, but now i can just order it when i need it, many thanks.

It will save me few cm install height..

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's awesome, thanks for taking the time to share. Like you said when there is so much negativity in the world it nice to hear of the positive, but no money in that so all you get left with is the shit that no one wants to hear.
Your spot on.

There's no story to be had when something good happens usually.
But a story and money to be made when something negative does.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dhl make me laugh
I got a text message saying parcel out for delivery. And a link to manage delivery.
It's not until you click that link that it says there is a small amount of duty to be paid £4 and the parcel won't be delivered until it's paid.

How stupid is that. No problem with the duty but surely being on the back of a van all day if duty needs to be paid on the back of telling the customer it's out for delivery isn't the best thing to do

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not until you click that link that it says there is a small amount of duty to be paid £4 and the parcel won't be delivered until it's paid.
Makes you wonder why it was even loaded. Unless they like wasting room in their vans for deliveries that require payment. Stupid!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why it was even loaded. Unless they like wasting room in their vans for deliveries that require payment. Stupid!
Complete madness.
Fair enough duty to pay but you'd think you would get an email or text before saying duty payment needed.

But just to send a text saying parcel will be delivered today with no mention of duty only a link to manage delivery is just daft.

The only way I found out was by clicking the link in the text which was to manage delivery.
Which then it said duty to pay before shipment would be delivered.

I don't usually open the links because I have stuff deliver to an address where there is someone in 24/7
Had I have not done it by chance I could have been waiting days wondering why it hasn't come.

Reaction score
Last edited:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy has the PFB303W for sale on Empire Tech. Pretty damn reasonable at $41.83 US with DHL shipping. Only 5 left.

Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and more

Might just order one with the camera, as I think it looks much better than what others get included with the camera.

NOTE: After further checking, this is not designed to work with the SD59. It's for the SD49 camera (and others).
The 303w fits the camera as proved by @Solar Deity. The camera just landed with me and the instruction manual actually shows the 303w on the bracket installation as well.

Whether it was specifically designed for this camera I don't know but it does fit

Next question later is to see if this bracket I have is square
Quick look and it looks a little off but not as far as some. But that could be the way I'm holding it
I'll check it with the bubble and something square when I get a minute

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Quick look and it looks a little off but not as far as some. But that could be the way I'm holding it
It's quite deceiving. I said the same when I got mine out of the box, wasn't until it was placed against a square that you could see how far it was out.

Reaction score
The 303w fits the camera as proved by @Solar Deity. The camera just landed with me and the instruction manual actually shows the 303w on the bracket installation as well.

Whether it was specifically designed for this camera I don't know but it does fit

Next question later is to see if this bracket I have is square
I'll check it with the bubble and something square when I get a minute
Thanks for confirming it works. Still torn between the SD59 and SD49. I do like the autotracking feature so that may tip the scale.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming it works. Still torn between the SD59 and SD49. I do like the autotracking feature so that may tip the scale.
My 2 pence is:
Don't buy the camera solely for the auto tracking. But it's a good feature when used correctly.
You do need a fixed cam as well as a ptz in an deal world.
Set up right as @nayr has done it's worth having.

But one thing to remember is make the equipment work for you not the other way around.
Either camera you will be happy

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... The research I did had the HDW5231R-Z as the best camera value vs. performance to come along in while. I purchased the dome version of this, HDBW5231R-Z, with on board IR. It is for an interior install as domes are not the best choice for outdoor use.
So the Eyeball version is better for outdoor use?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@reeves1985 you mean 2 cams on one spot (e.g. backyard)?
One fixed cam as an overview cam and the ptz to look at specific spots so you don't miss anything.
If you want to get right into it you can with the right cameras use the fixed camera or sensors to trigger a ptz preset and track feature.

It all depends how much you want to go into it.

If your just going to be sat zooming around on the ptz unmanned then with just that camera you could miss the most important scenes you need

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@reeves1985 i got it. The way i am going to set it up is using the PTZ set to my gate (entry point backyard) but also enable (ZWave) motion detection to trigger certain PTZ presets. Not 'zooming around'.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@reeves1985 i got it. The way i am going to set it up is using the PTZ set to my gate (entry point backyard) but also enable (ZWave) motion detection to trigger certain PTZ presets. Not 'zooming around'.
You could then make the auto track feature work for you so I'd be tempted to get the auto tracking version in your position as I believe from reading (I haven't set mine up yet)
That you can set auto track to certain areas within each preset so would work as a good system

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me which wire is which on the supplied power brick?
Been scratching my head and don't have a multimeter handy

Model on this brick is HKA-A24300-230

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me which wire is which on the supplied power brick?
Been scratching my head and don't have a multimeter handy

Model on this brick is HKA-A24300-230
Did your power bick have a red & black wire. It's 24V AC power. I just matched the color coded wires. I used simple wire nuts for my temporary install for testing. Some sort of green junction plug was included, but i haven't used it to connect, as I'm not even sure what connection it's for?

SD

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did your power bick have a red & black wire. It's 24V AC power. I just matched the color coded wires. I used simple wire nuts for my temporary install for testing. Some sort of green junction plug was included, but i haven't used it to connect, as I'm not even sure what connection it's for?

SD
No the power brick is just 2 black cables.

Didn't get any sort of connector block or any bolts for the mount

20170313_152024.jpg 20170313_152027.jpg