Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Sea Level 120 poe. Gives me some expansion room. And hopefully integrates will BI well.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using any of the firmwares from here? There is a PAL and NTSC version that are slightly newer than what I have, and a general one that is from this year not sure what the difference is? Would love to find out they are okay before I try to upgrade. Hoping it helps the IR switch.

SD59225U-HNI

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone using any of the firmwares from here?
That's just the product page. I was looking through their PTZ firmware section yesterday but couldn't find anything new, maybe I missed something...

There is a PAL and NTSC version that are slightly newer than what I have, and a general one that is from this year not sure what the difference is?
What are you currently running? I'm on 3.210.0002.2 Build: 21/07/2016 2.420.0000.11.R.2512 Build: 12/09/2016[/S][/S]

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That's just the product page. I was looking through their PTZ firmware section yesterday but couldn't find anything new, maybe I missed something...

What are you currently running? I'm on 3.210.0002.2 Build: 21/07/2016
If you click the far right tab at the bottom where it has the specs, accessories, etc it's got download, then firmware, I'm running 7/12/2016 firmware.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Those specs I quoted were for my blooming NVR, updated my post. Seems I have slightly newer firmware to yours.
So you are already on the newest it looks like, I should be good to upgrade then, still may wait to see if a few others have done it, ptz is an expensive camera to mess around with lol

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So you are already on the newest it looks like, I should be good to upgrade then, still may wait to see if a few others have done it, ptz is an expensive camera to mess around with lol
Yep and I still have the issue with the IR being hyper sensitive. Probably best the update attempt be done with a firmware update which actually resolves our problems. I'm comfortable upgrading my turrent cams but the PTZ as you said expensive to screw up.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Tripwire setup on Preset 1 and Preset 2. Preset 1 is set as my idle position. Preset 2 is set when another camera sees motion. The camera, after being idle, is not going back to preset 1. Anyone else have any similar setup and having similar issues??

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, moved the camera from the test floor joist in the basement to the garage to capture the events of the weekend while I'm away at a crawfish boil. I'm not sure I like crawdads? They are a lot of work for a little reward! The veteran mudbug eaters suck the juice from the heads. That looks delicious! :puke:

IMG_5262.JPG

Was hoping my a-hole neighbor was going to be arrested so I mounted it in the garage looking out the window. What I can say is the low light gathering of this camera is quite amazing, even through the window. I had to disable the IR which I was worried about just using ambient light. Have no fear, this thing is a light magnet. The iPhone photo of the screen does it no justice. On the computer monitor, or the NVR monitor, it's un-freaking believable! :headbang:

SD

Last edited:

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My dad just bought a small flat bottom john boat to go crabbing. He's 81. He's as impulsive as I am. Lol

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well stop playing with the PTZ when the wifes sleeping :p

nobody's claimed these big ptz's are quiet.. though I have one mounted outside my bedroom and other than me playing with it non stop for the first few weeks and annoying the wife cant say its been too obnoxious.. outside it cant be heard over ambient background noise.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your wall acts like an amplifier and inside its 10x louder than outside.. Mine definitely wont wake nobody up but it will distrub you while your falling asleep.. so schedule your autotracking to just sit idle when your trying to sleep.. mine wont move unless a motion sensor or alarm sensor goes off so when I hear it go off when im trying to sleep I usually pull open my phone to see what just triggered it.. usually me forgetting to latch the gate or I forgot the dogs outside and they setting off motion sensors.. either case I want to get up and fix it.