Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Haha triggered some weird behaviour in the camera.

Was looking for the spider web I could see when the PTZ started to go nuts and played me a little song. haha

Whats going on here?

Skip to the long "song" here:

Mine is doing that on power cycle. Isn't it a power on self test of some kind?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's serious overkill, I'd recommend a smaller inline fuse on the order of 0.5-1 amp or seeing if you can swap a fuse that's internal to the supply for one with a lower value.
Supplies the same amps as the 24vac to 12vdc converter I have. Peak 3 amps.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anybody got a solution to the aspect ratio issue when viewing from hikvision nvr?

You can change the aspect in the web go but it only alters the ie view.

It's doing my head in looking at a squashed image.

It will need to be done on the cam itself as the hikvision nvr is in 16:9 already

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's serious overkill, I'd recommend a smaller inline fuse on the order of 0.5-1 amp or seeing if you can swap a fuse that's internal to the supply for one with a lower value.
I intend to add some different features such as strobe/ siren. Also from what I've been reading it doesn't meet their claims of the output. Needless to say I have the first pir up (needs to be fastened to wall) and I'm impressed with the results. 1 pir is set to a camera facing the creek side of my house. When the pir gets tripped the ptz swings to that side and does track me so far. Is it perfect? No. First day and lots of tinkering and tuning to do.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision NVR with 2 Hikvision fixed camera's and 1 SD59225U-HNI PTZ (defined as ONVIF camera). Do alarm triggers only work hardwired or can i use the alarm output from both fixed cams through the NVR to trigger PTZ action? Does anyone have experience with this?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision NVR with 2 Hikvision fixed camera's and 1 SD59225U-HNI PTZ (defined as ONVIF camera). Do alarm triggers only work hardwired or can i use the alarm output from both fixed cams through the NVR to trigger PTZ action? Does anyone have experience with this?
I have experience with this.

At first I thought it not possible but somehow I've managed to get it to switch to a present when detecting movement on a fixed camera.

For the life of me can't remember how but I thought the same as you as the ptz doesn't show up as a ptz in the hik nvr alarm bit
But you can do it
I've only just mounted mine and what I talked about above was just a test so I need to set up again so will see what I did and let you know.

On the other hand is your video in 4:3 on you hikvision nvr?
It's doing my head in as I can't seem to change it in the not view

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have experience with this.

At first I thought it not possible but somehow I've managed to get it to switch to a present when detecting movement on a fixed camera.

For the life of me can't remember how but I thought the same as you as the ptz doesn't show up as a ptz in the hik nvr alarm bit
But you can do it
I've only just mounted mine and what I talked about above was just a test so I need to set up again so will see what I did and let you know.

On the other hand is your video in 4:3 on you hikvision nvr?
It's doing my head in as I can't seem to change it in the not view
Would be totally cool if you could share your setup once you find out what you did. Hahaha.

My Hik NVR shows in 16:9. The output on my screen however is terrible (like a very high pixelation or low dpi issue or something), but that must be the low quality HDMI output on that NVR. When i see it in Firefox webui it is much better image quality.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These are some screenshots from my NVR screen.

View attachment 17161 View attachment 17162 View attachment 17163 View attachment 17164

Guess which one is my PTZ? (clue: it's the ugliest image)
See I don't understand why on my nvr it shows the 16:9 image but it's all squashed up like a 4:3 image does.

There's no black space but like my van and car look like square boxes.

Yet all other 2mp cameras look right.

I just can't work it out

On the screenshots you posted it looks right on mine it looks squashed

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See I don't understand why on my nvr it shows the 16:9 image but it's all squashed up like a 4:3 image does.

There's no black space but like my van and car look like square boxes.

Yet all other 2mp cameras look right.

I just can't work it out

On the screenshots you posted it looks right on mine it looks squashed
@reeves1985 I suggest you start a new thread about this in the Hikvision area. May get more help there.

Are you certain you are pulling the main stream from the cam with the NVR, and not a substream?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Although I think that's just in the web gui I'm not sure you actually can on the nvr live view front end
Yes, there is a 'Switch to main stream' 'Switch to sub stream' icon second from the right on the command bar that appears when you single-click the image in Live View matrix mode.