Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still not impressed with my night settings. Out of focus horrible when just walking through the yard. Any recommendations for camera conditions? Auto vs Semi Auto mode under zoomfocus?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
These binaries you're pointing to are 228MB in size. The official binaries are only around 25MB. What is the rest inside the .zip? Virus? :winktongue:

People, I would be carefull with this 'firmware'. Never know what you might catch.
Certainly quite chunky.
But packed with multiple .bin files, .img files, sonia itself and all sorts of goodies.
Too much to choose from.
Not just a single image.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try to shut down Blue Iris recording? I know I couldn't upgrade while my Dahua NVR was recording.
I did not, and I've not had that issue with any other dahua cams but I'm game for anything at this point, does anyone know if those firmwares are the right ones for this cam? I hate not being able to update my firmware but I'd hate bricking the camera even more.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not, and I've not had that issue with any other dahua cams but I'm game for anything at this point, does anyone know if those firmwares are the right ones for this cam? I hate not being able to update my firmware but I'd hate bricking the camera even more.
It's working fine on mine.

upload_2017-4-30_9-21-11.png

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah killing all stuff pulling a stream from the camera didn't help lol. what is this sofia thing people speak of?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
does anyone know if those firmwares are the right ones for this cam? I hate not being able to update my firmware but I'd hate bricking the camera even more.
Same question here. Is it safe to use those firmware files? I also don't need a bricked camera ;-)

I asked @EMPIRETECANDY about firmware binaries and he promised to ask the engineer on monday. I'm hoping he keeps his promise. I really need my issues (PTZ not zooming more than 2x in autotracking) with this March 2017 firmware or PTZ software solved. Or else a firmware or PTZ version to downgrade to.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have this:
Selection_025.png

I know there is at least one version newer, the one I am trying to upgrade to is on the firmware section here, SD59225U-HNI I tried the PAL and NTSC versions. Every now and then it seems to go through but leaves me with the version above, unless the web interface is just a dirty liar, but most of the time this is where it stalls. If I leave it the web interface eventually just kicks me out to the login screen.

Selection_026.png

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you said that before, how does that help me? even when the process completes the camera reboots and shows the same version I had when I started, it WILL NOT UPGRADE lol.
You were asking if this was the right firmware and thought you didn't see the previous post. ;)

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same question here. Is it safe to use those firmware files? I also don't need a bricked camera ;-)

I asked @EMPIRETECANDY about firmware binaries and he promised to ask the engineer on monday. I'm hoping he keeps his promise. I really need my issues (PTZ not zooming more than 2x in autotracking) with this March 2017 firmware or PTZ software solved. Or else a firmware or PTZ version to downgrade to.
Mine definitely zooms more than 2x on most of the tracking.