Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I currently have this:
View attachment 17863

I know there is at least one version newer, the one I am trying to upgrade to is on the firmware section here, SD59225U-HNI I tried the PAL and NTSC versions. Every now and then it seems to go through but leaves me with the version above, unless the web interface is just a dirty liar, but most of the time this is where it stalls. If I leave it the web interface eventually just kicks me out to the login screen.

View attachment 17864
If you can find the September 2016 version, you could try that before going on to the March 2017 version. Perhaps you're taking too large a step from July 2016 to March 2017?
Just my guess.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can find the September 2016 version, you could try that before going on to the March 2017 version. Perhaps you're taking too large a step from July 2016 to March 2017?
Just my guess.
my thought as well, I just need to get my hands onto that version, I can use this if someone can verify it's correct for my camera Index of /Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/05SD/Main_Firmware/SD-Eos/DH/20160912 I downloaded it and looked at the file that lists the cameras it works on but they have very odd model numbers.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last Time I spoke to Andy when I was having Problems he said use this below firmware that dahua engineer sent him.
general_sd-eos_eng_p_stream3_v2.420.0000.9.r.20160712

This was the firmware I already had in the camera when it arrived so never bothered to update but let me know if you want it Frank and I will upload it somewhere for you.
Yeah, please! I would really like to try that one. Thanks.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok people, here are the results from the Dutch jury.

I took nightshots with the same settings on both firmware versions.

See how in the July firmware my zoom is fine. However it has a hard time focussing, a problem that I have seen reported here many times. So that is definitely a July 2016 firmware problem. Then check the March 2017 firmware and see how it just doesn't zoom more than 2x. But then the focussing is much faster. So the focussing issue seems to have been 'solved' in the newest firmeare but a zoom issue is introduced.

With July 2016 firmware:

With March 2017 firmware:

I will do some daytime shots to compare later.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Daytime with the July 2016 firmware:

Daytime with the March 2017 firmware:

See the difference in zoom range? I definitely expect a 25x PTZ to be able to zoom like it was in the previous firmwares. Not like in the March 2017 firmware.

@EMPIRETECANDY please take note of this!

If somebody could send me the September 2016 firmware, I can test and compare that version also. But nobody seems to have it???????

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Daytime with the July 2016 firmware:

Daytime with the March 2017 firmware:

See the difference in zoom range? I definitely expect a 25x PTZ to be able to zoom like it was in the previous firmwares. Not like in the March 2017 firmware.

@EMPIRETECANDY please take note of this!

If somebody could send me the September 2016 firmware, I can test and compare that version also. But nobody seems to have it???????
Did you upgrade the PTZ firmware? There is a separate FW for it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Shit I didn't know there was separate ptz firmware, do I just load that into the upgrade spot like the normal firmware? I'm interested to see if my cam fails to take that too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ software: General_SD59XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.02.20.R.170116.bin

Located here: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/firmware_181_5.html
I wondered what the hell that file was on the normal firmware page, so I updated that and it ran fine LOL what the hell, I haven't tried the march 2017 version of the regular firmware again and if you're having problems I dunno if I want to lol. but the other guy says he's on the newest version with no issues.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine still fails to install the march 2017 firmware, really odd, it installed the ptz software no problem, did Andy ever send you the september 2016 firmware? I might wanna try to see if that will take or not.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine still fails to install the march 2017 firmware, really odd, it installed the ptz software no problem, did Andy ever send you the september 2016 firmware? I might wanna try to see if that will take or not.
I just received an older version from Andy. It's from April 2016. Really old, but perhaps you can try if that one works for you. I will send you a PM later.