I'm looking for a 2mp 10x(min.) PTZ with good night vision...

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 2mp 10x, or more, PTZ with great night vision for under $200 (USA) with shipping and mounting bracket. I would like to keep the size small, like one of the 4" mini PTZ. Great focus when zooming. Fast response to light changes or someone walking in front of the camera at night. I have a POE switch but I can power it without POE function. No need for audio. Mounting can be wall mount or ceiling mount, prefer wall mount. Auto tracking would be nice. Changing PTZ location at specific time would be nice as well.

This will be mounted on my garage with a 20' driveway. I would like be able to monitor the cars in my driveway and one car on the street. I have two 95W(eq.) LED flood lights on the garage to help with lighting but get week past the driveway.

I've been following multiple threads and don't think I want one of the Huisun Mini PTZ bullet, or similar, due to all the failure threads.

I'm using one of Nelly's ION 8ch 2MP NVR recorders. Motion detection snapshots sent to NAS via FTP. I have a couple of cameras on the garage that are ok, one 1.3mp (ARO130) 8mm lens and 1 Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I with 12mm lens (I think). Side note, I don't like that Hikvision camera. I also have CMVision IR130 illuminator to help with night vision. Two more cheap imx322 cameras are in the mail to be used on the driveway to help with coverage.

Capture.JPG
hikvision.jpg

Aote 1.3mp.jpg

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will not find a reliable camera for that price...forget it..start saving.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks,
You will not find a reliable camera for that price...forget it..start saving.
your on a snipe hunt, good luck.. if you bag that snipe you should go after a unicorn next.
I'm not completely set on buying one at this time, more of a want than need. I might just add the new IMX322 cameras and call it a day, or a night, or something.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only decent sub $200 PTZ that I've seen is the Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

its only got 12mm max zoom and not 60mm, its not all-weather rated, and its quite slow compared to my speed dome and can be a bit tricky to track quick objects by hand.. but from what I've seen the MiniPTZ was even slower.

Otherwise your looking at >$350 USD to get a PTZ and it wont be small and discrete unless you get a recessed dome that hides most of the mechanics in a ceiling.. but even those dont have IR

Last edited:

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nayr,
I've seen your post on the Black Face Dahua and I would consider a recessed dome if it could be mounted on the wall. I don't think PTZ is supported with the vertical mount. I'm sure with the proper programming, a wall mounted PTZ could work, I just don't recall seeing one.

I did see this one okayvision, but just don't know quality of it. Since it is to expensive to return to China, I would prefer something that people have experience with. Since I would prefer newer technology, I guess longevity experience would be somewhat limited.

Now I'm just rambling and should go get a snack...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wall mounted PTZ's dont work, they have to be horizontally mounted or the controls are totally jacked up.. looking straight out will be straight down and it'd have to rotate arround that point as the mechanics limit is there.

quality of that okayvision is in the junk department; from the looks of it more-so than the HuiSun MiniPTZ

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
OP wants a $500+ camera for $200 or less. So do the rest of us. Let us know when you find one.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how about you just install more quality fixed cameras until there are no blind spots.