Image cut off in BI when switching to H.265

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was trying out my new Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) in BI last night and figured, let's start saving some space by switching the camera to use H.265.
As soon as I do that though, the image in BI is cut off and changes to 2/3 green screen.
The image shows normally at the same time on the Dahua cam web GUI, so that would lead me to believe it is specific to the feed BI uses or something is not processing correctly in BI itself.
As soon as I switch back to H.264, it corrects in BI.

20161230_110107.jpg
BI is supposed to now support H.265 from what I saw a few updates ago.

I'm thinking maybe it is not auto-recognized though and there is a BI setting somewhere to change that or to "turn on" H.265 I have not found.
Does anyone know or have thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try disabling hardware acceleration. also make sure to restart blue iris after making the change in the camera.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine does the same, but the frame rate also went from 30fps to .4fps'ish. Apparently the elitedesk I bought doesn't have hardware acceleration(or it is hidden really well). Any other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine does the same, but the frame rate also went from 30fps to .4fps'ish. Apparently the elitedesk I bought doesn't have hardware acceleration(or it is hidden really well). Any other ideas?
Hardware acceleration is set in blue iris...I don't believe blue iris supports h.265 hardware acceleration but if it does it would require a skylake processor...You elite desk does support h.264 hardware acceleration

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I swapped back to h.264 last night and it works great. Still going through all the settings.