Images and Video from HIK Vision DS-2CD2312-I or DS-2CD2332-I

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've short listed my IP camera to either the HIK Vision DS-2CD2312-I or DS-2CD2332-I

Does anyone have videos / pictures taken during the day as well as at night using the IR you can share with me?

I'd like to see what the video and image quality is like before committing.

Thank you in advance !

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may be able to find this on my website, www.NetworkCameraCritic.com It's the ds-2cd3332-i (same as ds-2cd2332-i). The model ending in 12 is just the 1.3MP/720P version, not worth getting it because the price difference is small and while it's slightly better in low light, not enough to compensate for the lesser pixels.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very impressive video and images in day light and the evening!

You've definitely got me convinced with the crisp clear videos!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very impressive video and images in day light and the evening!

You've definitely got me convinced with the crisp clear videos!
Keep in mind that there is lots of ambient light in those videos...if your area is very dark and nothing nearby for the ir to reflect off of, it will not look like that. If you have some light it will be great. If you are using these cams in pitch black situations and looking out into a yard or something, you will need additional ir.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ambient isn't a problem for me at the front of the house especially with a city lamp post right at the end of my driveway.

We also have an IR sensor which turns on all the lights located at the front of the house - front door and the lights on either side of rage garage door.

I'm leaning towards the 2332 cameras because of the dog walkers - they often leave unwanted presents behind.

I will consider the 2312 for the back of my house where there is little ambient light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I still prefer the 2332 all over to get the better day image, its just that you need to either add a bit of light (most homes have a fixture, just pop an led bulb in there and leave it on at night). If you dont care for aesthetics of the turret hikvision makes bullets with much stronger IR like the DS-2CD2T32 http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014101311390770075.pdf
The i5 and i8 will have powerful ir. They also have sd card slots. You might want to consider these for the back.
Also there is a middle ground, a 2mp turret (the only place i have seen sell it is LTS). I generally run my hikvisions at 2mp anyway to get a bit of extra horizontal field of view at the expense of vertical FOV.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To help others evaluate the capabilities of the 2CD2332 (4mm lens) HIK camera, I attach three pics of the same scene.
1st pic night picture with a LED light bulb of 12W (960lumens) lighting the hall entrance.
2nd pic night picture with the camera set at night mode only (i.e. forcing the infrared view)
3rd picture daylight picture with no additional lighting at all.

With the current LED light bulb the camera never switches into infrared mode and the night images are very well lit and accurately captured. This proves the importance of the light used and the surrounding surfaces which in my case have proven very usefull.

The camera is set at 3Mpixels resolution capturing at 8Mbps, with video quality at Highest, at 20fps, exposure=1/50, Gain=100, WDR=ON at level 20, Digital Noise reduction ON at level 10.

The actual video quality is much higher than the attached pics because when HIK NVR captures the images it stores them with very high compression. The snapshot capturing with an application like VLC or mediaplayer from the actual video is of much higher quality.

Attachments

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is cool. My U.S distributor only has the 4300S and that is not vandal proof. I can't contact anyone in China for a week, but I'll see if they can get these in. Anything else special about this model besides the IK10 rating and the different IR configuration?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The IK10 is more impact resistance, layman's term, can it take a baseball bat to the camera and survive. With glass in front of the lens, it will likely shatter like a bullet camera. The polycarbonate dome lens is more rugged, hence they typically meet this. For me, if you are worried about people messing with it because it's mounted low, a vandal dome is the best bet.