Images from another computer on my LAN look like crud

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I type 192.168.... to log into my Blue Iris PC. The images are horrible and I can't select one camera and zoom in etc.. Sorry, newb to Blue Iris, what do I need to do to get a quality view of my cameras and manipulate the views, playback etc from another PC on my network? Hikvision was easy. I understand easy = lack of features/flexibility, trying to learn Blue Iris.

Thanks!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking inside the archive I noticed that there isn't a "Quick Start Guide" for new users, so here you go...

1) Download Better remote-live-view pages for Blue Iris ("BRLV")

2) Extract the archive to a local folder

3) Copy all of the extracted files from the extraction folder into the Blue Iris "www" folder (located at C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www on most machines)

4) The copy may require administrative privileges

5) Overwrite existing files if prompted

6) Set up a new User and Password in Blue Iris Options > Users > Add

7) Log into BRLV by navigating to your Blue Iris/BRVL "ui2.htm" page (e.g. 192.168.1.50/ui2.htm where the .50 address is the IP address of your Blue Iris server)

Enjoy BP2008's superb work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I type 192.168.... to log into my Blue Iris PC. The images are horrible and I can't select one camera and zoom in etc.. Sorry, newb to Blue Iris, what do I need to do to get a quality view of my cameras and manipulate the views, playback etc from another PC on my network? Hikvision was easy. I understand easy = lack of features/flexibility, trying to learn Blue Iris.

Thanks!
You need to go into the webserver settings and set the max birate to at least 2048. The default is 512...you can have 3 separate profiles and choose which one you want to steam by right clicking on the web display or selecting it in the mobile app. Click on any camera to select it. Read the help file on the webserver.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks all! I don't have time right now but will dig into this soon. Thanks for all the advice!

NAYR. All my computers are hardwired.