Impatient Ford Fusion Driver

uxu

n3wb
Reaction score
Someone has some spatial awareness issues. Did they knock the gate off the track too?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone has some spatial awareness issues. Did they knock the gate off the track too?
Sure looks like they did. Either they're running late or it's a rental. Still no excuse, though. Nice black scrape on a white car now. And white paint on a nice black gate. too.

Judging by the gap only on the passenger's side of the hood at the front I'll go out on a limb and figure the driver has frequent flyer miles at a local body shop!

fusion.jpg

Last edited:

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sure looks like they did. Either they're running late or it's a rental. Still no excuse, though. Nice black scrape on a white car now. And white paint on a nice black gate. too.

Judging by the gap only on the passenger's side of the hood at the front I'll go out on a limb and figure the driver has frequent flyer miles at a local body shop!

View attachment 28542
I would agree.

upload_2018-4-12_1-5-58.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope someone got a back plate as there's no plate on the front and I reckon the damage to the gate could get expensive. Was this apartments?

Have to say, one of the worst drivers I've seen. As for it being a rental, in the UK rental agreements leave you totally responsible for all damage now and they inspect the car and produce a damage report before you take it, and reinspect the vehicle when you return it for even the slightest scratch, even to the wheels. Any damage, you pay for. In the UK car body shops are expensive. eg. To have a single panel sprayed with no other repair work, just the spray, £300 ($425) at a main stream body shop. Looks like he damaged the from wing, light, bonnet and bumper, that's probably around probably around £2K assuming the bonnet can be filled and sprayed ($2,800).

I reckon the gate could be thousands depending on if it's just off the runners or physically damaged.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I take it back about it being one of the worst drivers I've seen. I encountered one myself last year. Lady in a hire car, from a previous accident. Car was an automatic so only 2 pedals to cope with. Decided to turn her car in the road opposite to me. Got 1/2 way around at about 2mph, decided there wasn't enough room, panicked, hit the accelerator by mistake, flew across the road under full power, up the pavement, wiped out steel railings, 2 concrete posts, the end of a stone wall, and 10 metres of fencing, before narrowly missing a tree and coming to a stop, all from a 2mph exit from the road opposite!

I have the pics but about £5-7K's worth of damage to the brand new hire car, which was loaned to her whilst her own car was being repaired from a previous accident (!), yep she crashed the accident rental (!) and about £8k's worth of damage to property, all from an automatic!

That's about £14K ($19,800)'s worth of damage in an accident loan car straight after her previous accident!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have to say, one of the worst drivers I've seen. As for it being a rental, in the UK rental agreements leave you totally responsible for all damage now and they inspect the car and produce a damage report before you take it, and reinspect the vehicle when you return it for even the slightest scratch, even to the wheels. Any damage, you pay for.
Same here in the U.S. It's just that I've seen people drive more carelessly with a 'hire' car and hit potholes, curbs, etc. likely because it's not their car. I don't understand that behavior, because I was taught to respect the property of others and although I seldom borrow or rent anything, when I do I try very hard to treat it even better than I would if it were mine.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Watching this on a bigger screen, it appears the driver is only using one hand to steer. So, guess what the other hand is doing. Idiot.