Import Device Configuration

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a trick to using the "Import Config File" feature of the camera (DS-2CD2542FWD-IS) to set the device parameters of a new camera? When I try to import the device parameters I exported from a identical camera (aside for the field of view) the Importing dialog box seems to stay on the screen for a long, long time (I eventually close the browser as I get tried of waiting).

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perhaps answering my own question, I discovered the two cameras have slightly different firmware versions (v5.4.3 vs v5.4.4). I am not sure if that would prevent exported device parameters from one camera being imported into the other.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I try to import the device parameters I exported from a identical camera (aside for the field of view) the Importing dialog box seems to stay on the screen for a long, long time (I eventually close the browser as I get tried of waiting).
The camera configuration files are keyed to the individual cameras hardware.
But that shouldn't cause the browser to hang - it should just give an error.
Just for info - for any large-scale reconfigs - or for doing English menu configuration on CN cameras - the 'Batch Confiiguration Tool' is pretty good : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera configuration files are keyed to the individual cameras hardware.
But that shouldn't cause the browser to hang - it should just give an error.
Just for info - for any large-scale reconfigs - or for doing English menu configuration on CN cameras - the 'Batch Confiiguration Tool' is pretty good : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Thanks, I will check-out the batch tool.