Importing old clips from another computer

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I replaced the computer that I had BI on several months ago and everything went well except when I copied all of the old clips from the original computer to the new computer and pasted them into the same folders, the old clips are not showing up.

Many of these are stored as a BI video with a .bvr extension but some were stored as .avi (not sure why). I can open the .avi clips with no problem on my Win7 pc, but can not find anything to open the .bvr files.

Any suggestions? I thought they would simply populate the BI database and show up in the BI software, but they do not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced the computer that I had BI on several months ago and everything went well except when I copied all of the old clips from the original computer to the new computer and pasted them into the same folders, the old clips are not showing up.

Many of these are stored as a BI video with a .bvr extension but some were stored as .avi (not sure why). I can open the .avi clips with no problem on my Win7 pc, but can not find anything to open the .bvr files.

Any suggestions? I thought they would simply populate the BI database and show up in the BI software, but they do not.
you need to regenerate the database

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. That's what I was thinking but did not want to screw anything up and lose anything.

That worked perfect.