In need of assistance

Reaction score
Greetings!

A few years ago my dad had a questionable guy install an "HD" system, Im not happy with the resolution/quality of this system, keeps malfunctioning and can't identify faces and license plates at 50 feet away which is how far the street is from my front door..

I want to replace this system with a 4K system, I've been looking at Lorex's "noctournals" line which advertises 250 ft nightvision and 175 ft color nightvision at 4k resolution, it says you can clearly identify faces at 75 feet and so on.

There are 2 packages, the first one is more expensive but the cameras seem better quality, it comes with 4 bullets and 4 domes, the domes have microphones for audio recording
My uncle found a guy who said he'll install, new wiring, programming for $1,200, is that fair?

Here are the 2 systems, please let me know what you guys think, I really appreciate your feedback and advice!

4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 16-channel NVR and 8 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Metal Cameras, 4x Optical Zoom Cameras, 250FT Night Vision

4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 8 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 200ft Night Vision

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings!

A few years ago my dad had a questionable guy install an "HD" system, Im not happy with the resolution/quality of this system, keeps malfunctioning and can't identify faces and license plates at 50 feet away which is how far the street is from my front door..

I want to replace this system with a 4K system, I've been looking at Lorex's "noctournals" line which advertises 250 ft nightvision and 175 ft color nightvision at 4k resolution, it says you can clearly identify faces at 75 feet and so on.

There are 2 packages, the first one is more expensive but the cameras seem better quality, it comes with 4 bullets and 4 domes, the domes have microphones for audio recording
My uncle found a guy who said he'll install, new wiring, programming for $1,200, is that fair?

Here are the 2 systems, please let me know what you guys think, I really appreciate your feedback and advice!

4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 16-channel NVR and 8 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Metal Cameras, 4x Optical Zoom Cameras, 250FT Night Vision

4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 8 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 200ft Night Vision

Thank you!
you will be disappointed again...these have poor nightvision...you dont need 4k, you need a longer lens.
read the wiki at the top of this page.
avoid domes. use turrets.
again, read the wiki and the cliffnotes