In the middle of running all sorts of wires through the house.. but for alarm audio ?

Reaction score
To date...have run over 30+ cat6 cables for IP cameras and faceplates, various number of RG6, 22/6 to front door area for a possible future alarm station along with 4 cat6's (2 for whatever a alarm station may need for networking and 2 for future doorbell camera), 22/6 to kitchen and living room for possible future glass break monitor, 22/2 to every 1st floor window and door (including garage door).
I think I'm set for future proofing :)
It occurred to me that it's best to run 7.1 speaker cable now for home audio so doing that with 16 gauge speaker wire.
Which leads me into thinking about alarm speakers for general notifications such as doorbell, "front door open", Alexa/Google Home, Star Trek The Motion Picture's "Intruder Alert" ( Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!) , light background music, Blue Iris audio alerts (is even possible? Dunno) etc. Took a gander at Amazon and I can get 5 Pyle's or Acoustic Audio's (kitchen, living room, 3 bedrooms...maybe additional for shower/bathroom) for under $100. I have access to a free 150 watt 3 channel Peavey Amp with mute bars.
I can think of this is a good thing before I close up my ceiling. However, I have a bad habit of coming up with what sounds like a good idea but then I learn later that was foolish. So am asking here about installing notification speakers throughout the house. Good or bad?
PS: these will not be the high quality audio speakers to blast AC/DC or such.

Last edited:
Reaction score
nevermind. The more I look into it, the more along the home automation route it seems. I'm just not ready for that yet. I'll leave pull string where the ceiling speakers will be located for a possible future installation. For now, I have too much on my plate. I do like the idea and will come back to it in the future.