Increasing number of clips / storage folders

wseaton

n3wb
Reaction score
As I recall BI has a limited number of default 'clip' folders than can be created or edited from default. 8 or 9 as I recall. Am I wrong on this?

Gentleman I installed BI for quite awhile ago E-mailed me and asked me if more could be added. Possible this can be extended to 12 or so, or is this a limitation with the software? I don't see a way to create a new folder in the gui once the defaults are all renamed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I recall BI has a limited number of default 'clip' folders than can be created or edited from default. 8 or 9 as I recall. Am I wrong on this?

Gentleman I installed BI for quite awhile ago E-mailed me and asked me if more could be added. Possible this can be extended to 12 or so, or is this a limitation with the software? I don't see a way to create a new folder in the gui once the defaults are all renamed.
no there are not..there is almost no reason to create more folders...likely the end user is not managing blue iris properly..

wseaton

n3wb
Reaction score
End user is in his 60's and needs a bit of patience, so I'll work *around* his deficiencies.He likes a folder for each camera I'm assuming.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
End user is in his 60's and needs a bit of patience, so I'll work *around* his deficiencies.He likes a folder for each camera I'm assuming.
Well that is silly and totally useless....good luck

wseaton

n3wb
Reaction score
What's silly and usual are your trite replies, sir.

I support 120 different companies, which include VMware Servers, Citrix, Exchange, AD, SQL, VDI, SAN, etc. Although I agree with you that needing more folders isn't really a practical requirement it's hardly a 'useless' requirement. I prefer vSAN configs for instance over physical SAN pyramids but I don't like service clustering while other engineers prefer the opposite. If I called their preferences silly and useless I'd be out of a job.

Unfortunately the owner in this case has seen your reply and is requesting another product. Thanks for your opinions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What's silly and usual are your trite replies, sir.

I support 120 different companies, which include VMware Servers, Citrix, Exchange, AD, SQL, VDI, SAN, etc. Although I agree with you that needing more folders isn't really a practical requirement it's hardly a 'useless' requirement. I prefer vSAN configs for instance over physical SAN pyramids but I don't like service clustering while other engineers prefer the opposite. If I called their preferences silly and useless I'd be out of a job.

Unfortunately the owner in this case has seen your reply and is requesting another product. Thanks for your opinions.
I will reply as I wish. If you dont like it, leave. The end user is an ocd moron who doesnt understand the purpose of the folders or the fact that blue iris maintains a database. You can forward the message...I can be honest because unlike you, I tell folks how it is...if someone asks for a stupid solution I tell them its stupid...
You can always email support and ask for the function, it would be easy to implement.

Last edited: