Incredibly low framerate.

MicahZoltu

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed the Blue Iris demo and pointed it at my camera via rtsp:/. The camera shows up in the Blue Iris UI, but the frame rate appears to be like one frame every 10 seconds. I have tried fiddling with the frame rate option in the camera configuration but it doesn't appear to resolve the issue. If I connect to my camera via VLC or an ONVIF app on my phone I get a framerate of about 35fps. The stream is H265. The camera is on a wired network with the computer running Blue Iris and the computer running it is a pretty beefy machine (way more powerful than my phone that can render at full framerate!)

This must be a configuration issue, but after spending some time poking around trying to figure out what I have given up.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using RDP? If so theres an option which by defaults limits the refresh rate to I think a refresh every few seconds.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not enter the data on the camera definition. Use find/ inspect button.

What make model camera. Is it wifi or hardwired

MicahZoltu

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried using the find/inspect buttons, same symptoms. It worked, but it was getting ~1 frame every 10 seconds.

Sadly, I don't know the make/model. Purchased in SE Asia from a local security camera shop and rebranded as their local brand I believe. ONVIF details show the following, but I suspect that isn't particularly useful.
Code:
Manufacturer: Rover
Model: RNH8108AP
FirmwareVersion: B3220P28C09910