Indoor Camera to Attach to Television

JY07

n3wb
Reaction score
My wife likes checking in on our dog (who generally hangs out in the living room) while away, so right now we have a cheap-o camera setup in the corner of the room.

Based on how the room's setup, it would be ideal if there was a low profile camera that we could clip onto the top of the TV (based on the vantage point, and there's an electrical outlet behind it/I could fish an ethernet cable up there as well).

I've been riding the struggle bus trying to find something like this on google: does anyone know if a product like this exists? Or anything close that would work? As long as it's compatible with Blue Iris in some way we should be good.

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi JY07,

Suggestions:
Yi home 720p wifi camera? Hackable so you should be able to get it to work with BI

Hikvision Cube Hikvision DS-2CD2420F - Annke has a rebranded version
ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

iirc Dahua has a similar sort of "cube camera"

IP-MAN

n3wb
Reaction score
don't buy the Yi home 720p it's a piece of crap i have 2. i don't use them anymore, bad quality, low fps, firmware very bad (0 settings), random disconnections, can't set password to rstp, and much more issues

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I thought BI was happy with usb webcams? so just pop a decent one on the tv

JY07

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like that Yi camera is very similar to the one we're using now, which has been pretty hit or miss.

I thought BI was happy with usb webcams? so just pop a decent one on the tv
I think a webcam would work pretty well for this situation, but I didn't realize BI could connect to them; looks like I have some more researching to do!

Thanks for the help!