Indoor camera with privacy shutter?

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering ending my contact with my (connected) home alarm. The supplier have been raising the price every year, and now to point that I feel it is too expensive.
In the alarm installation I have a few indoor cameras directly connected to the alarm central.

Outdoors I have a numbers of Hikvision bullet and dome cams, recording no an NVR.

What I am looking for are indoor cameras with privacy shutters and ONVIF compatibility. That way I could have them connected to the same NVR and the "physical shutters" would reduce the "creepiness factor".

I have googled a bit, but didn't find anything like this. Thought about it for a minute, and then realised - why not ask the experts at ipcamtalk.

Does anyone know of a camera with these two features?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering ending my contact with my (connected) home alarm. The supplier have been raising the price every year, and now to point that I feel it is too expensive.
In the alarm installation I have a few indoor cameras directly connected to the alarm central.

Outdoors I have a numbers of Hikvision bullet and dome cams, recording no an NVR.

What I am looking for are indoor cameras with privacy shutters and ONVIF compatibility. That way I could have them connected to the same NVR and the "physical shutters" would reduce the "creepiness factor".

I have googled a bit, but didn't find anything like this. Thought about it for a minute, and then realised - why not ask the experts at ipcamtalk.

Does anyone know of a camera with these two features?
if your indoor cams are poe connect them to one switch and use a smart plug to turn them all off at once. If wifi with power adapter simple use a few of them. They run about 15bux or less.

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
r a minute, and then realised
if your indoor cams are poe connect them to one switch and use a smart plug to turn them all off at once. If wifi with power adapter simple use a few of them. They run about 15bux or less.
That is a good idea.
But I had the vision that the rest of the family should be able to just eyeball the cameras and get a visual confirmation that they are not recording, or actually not even able to record.
An alternative could be some sort of ptz camera (like a dome, but without the actual glass dome) where the "park" location would be the lens facing inwards, towards the wall.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get a basic PTZ and set a time profile where they turn to face the wall (or whatever your preset is) at your specified time period. That would be super easy to do and the family can see where the cam is physically aimed to to keep them happy. I think it may be hard to see a physical shutter on the lens unless is a very bright color when closed, like safety orange. The PTZ is the way to go. You could pay for a couple easy with the money you save by cancelling your monthly contract.