Indoor ceiling mounted cameras

cousinjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking for which cameras you guys use for ceiling mounted turret style cameras for indoor use. I already started picking up EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE's for outside cameras and wanted to know if there was something a little cheaper for indoors, or just stick with the same. I know Dahua has the mini domes, but again, worried about reflection off the dome with the IR lights. Not interested in the cubes or baby monitor styles, would prefer turret for the ceiling mount. I already have all my cat6 cables for PoE popped through the ceiling drywall in locations around the house (main living area, kids playroom area, garage) so no issues with wiring or anything. Just something that gives a great quality picture day/night. In the past I've used Foscam/Amcrest just sitting on a counter or on one of their little mounts with PTZ to cover larger areas, but that was back when the picture wasn't that great and settings were pretty minimal. Varifocal would be nice, PTZ isn't necessary as I've got them setup to cover appropriate areas without needing to move the actual camera around. Two way audio would be cool if I have to talk to the dog or something while at work :lmao: but not a deal breaker. Thanks!

cousinjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you! Yeah these are what I'm looking for. I'll check out the under $100 cameras as well, but honestly anything in the $100-$150 would be fine for my indoor cameras. Figure the savings on those could cover another 1-2 outdoor 5442 cameras.

cousinjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look at the 2231t-ZS, 2MP with a 13.5mm varifocal, for about $125. There are others, as well that are even less expensive. One is one sale in the IPCT store right now and there is a thread for cameras under $100, too.
Do you happen to know if there is a model like the 2231 but with a mic to hear audio?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cousinjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Indoor maybe better use this 5mp mini edge model, working great day and night.
Any issues with reflections off the dome? Varifocal would be nice however the 3.6mm should work for my space.

Is there a camera similar to the 2231 but has a built in mic for audio? That would be ideal. Also, not sure if there are plastic body versions of these cameras? As they will be indoors, I don't need the heavy duty metal body and frame if that is an option.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score