Indoor POE dome camera with built in basic NVR

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We've had an issue in my office with the cleaners regularly setting off the front door alarm. I use Blue Iris at home very successfully, but don't want to do that at the office. Just looking for a dome camera that we can mount on a ceiling tile and point towards the front door. We already have VPN access, so just need a camera with basic video recording SD storage so we could view video remotely to confirm that its the cleaners.

Can someone point me towards a Dahua camera, maybe in 2MP range, with the necessary basic features. Never purchased from Andy at Empire before, but I'll give him a try.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They do have their alarm code, but they rotate personnel and accidentally set off the alarm (way too frequently) so we receive a call. The cleaners won't answer the office phone, so we'd like to quickly be able to see what's going on in the office to decide how to respond. You'd think our landlord could work out a procedure to make this unnecessary, but they haven't. Plus it costs them $100 every time the police respond, so you'd think they'd get motivated. Thanks for the rec.

Don't they have their own separate alarm code that would ID them in the system log?
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank looney2ns, placed my first order with Empire and should have the camera in hand soon enough.