Initialization Fails on Dahua PTZ SD49225T-HN. Factory reset pins?

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of my long running, stable Dahua PTZ SD49225T-HN's (running firmware 2.800.0000000.4.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-05) is acting up. It no longer recognizes my password and always brings up a Device Initialization dialog sequence when accessed. Unfortunately, despite multiple browsers, two OS's. and Dahua IPconfig utility, the camera will not actually initialize when I have it initialize.

It will still power up, moves its lens into last used position and presents a web GUI. It has forgotten the admin password and won't actually initialize. Yes, I did it from same subnet and switch. Just fails.

Is there an internal pin pair that can be shorted to force a full factory reset?

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Found a button inside the camera after removing back cover. Still have not gotten camera to actually reset. Frustratingly, searches for actual rest procedure using button comes up with dead ends. Typically someone asks and nobody answers. Of if user has apparently reset successfully, they never return to post the actual reset sequence procedure on this camera.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK. Going to answer myself and maybe someone in the future can benefit.

The procedure that worked for me to factory reset a SD49225T-HN's was to...

1. Open rear cover of camera (four screws). Watch out for the silica packs falling out.

2. Have camera already powered up.

3. Press and HOLD the reset button for about 60 seconds. I did not see any changes in LED's during this period. I just kept holding down the button.

4. After you release the reset button, you will hear the lens focus mechanism reset. The PTZ does not spin nor tilt post reset.

Your camera should be back on network at factory default 192.168.1.108 admin/admin, but uninitialized in about a minute.

-----
comments:

Things that do NOT work
a. Briefly depressing the reset button for 10 seconds with camera powered up
b. Holding reset button while powering up camera. It doesn't reset to factory, but merely does normal startup including spinning and tilting.

Attachments

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. Going to answer myself and maybe someone in the future can benefit.

The procedure that worked for me to factory reset a SD49225T-HN's was to...

1. Open rear cover of camera (four screws). Watch out for the silica packs falling out.

2. Have camera already powered up.

3. Press and HOLD the reset button for about 60 seconds. I did not see any changes in LED's during this period. I just kept holding down the button.

4. After you release the reset button, you will hear the lens focus mechanism reset. The PTZ does not spin nor tilt post reset.

Your camera should be back on network at factory default 192.168.1.108 admin/admin, but uninitialized in about a minute.

-----
comments:

Things that do NOT work
a. Briefly depressing the reset button for 10 seconds with camera powered up
b. Holding reset button while powering up camera. It doesn't reset to factory, but merely does normal startup including spinning and tilting.

Hi! Did these steps work for you?? I have the exact same symptoms and the same cam....powers up etc....not seen on network...followed your instructions for reset...still nothing...anyway to connect to the cam directly or anything? jumpers? I feel like bad firmware caused this possibly...or bad firmware upgrade

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was having this problem yesterday with my new SD8a820w-hnf or what ever. I had it up and running and then no signal. I couldn’t find it on Config or SmartPss. Tried reset button but wasn’t sure if it worked since I couldn’t log into camera. Then after talking to Andy, he made sure I was using correct power supply (36v). He suggested I get a HIgh POE. And he also said that it could be bad cable. I went back today, found bad cable plug, replaced it and it came back online. I went ahead and ordered the high POE injector any how. Needless to say I had to set password and IP all back up. Apparently when I was trying to factory reset, it must have worked.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Poe switch definitely has enough power. I can see on the switch there’s a network signal as well. It’s just inaccessible on the network on any subnet. I tried the reset method holding for 60s. Are there any other tricks/ways to connect to the cam? Any way to roll back firmware?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Poe switch definitely has enough power. I can see on the switch there’s a network signal as well. It’s just inaccessible on the network on any subnet. I tried the reset method holding for 60s. Are there any other tricks/ways to connect to the cam? Any way to roll back firmware?
I wouldn’t have any idea. Sorry. I thought I saw something on it a few days ago.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
still trying to figure out some trick/way to re-flash this to an older firmware....my hunch is something went wrong with the firmware....it powers up and shows network connection on the POE switch, but cannot login or anything.....did the reset with the switch inside...still nothing....
is there any service connection or something?? it seems silly to throw this away..HELP! :(