Input the Device Password - What the Fudge?

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I needed to reboot the system this morning to troubleshoot a camera that cuts out. Now I'm getting the loop-of-stupidity trying to log back in.

I AM logged in to the computer app. I logged in just fine, it accepts my password.

To get to the camera, however, I need to log in to the devices (I guess).

First I get this pop-up box directing me to log in to the Device:

IDP.jpg

When I input my password and click OK, I get the result shown above. So then I click on the blue Forgot password and get:

IDP2.jpg

I input the number they email to me, click OK, and then:

IDP3.jpg

I guess this is where it would show my password prompt clue to help me remember, even though I never saw an option for one. In any event, after clicking OK, I'm right back to:IDP.jpg

The label in the picture shown in the box does NOT appear anywhere on any component of the system. Also, the ABCDEF doesn't work either.

I'm completely dead in the water. The phone app and the computer app will not let me get past this point. I can't find anything using the system info (the "other" app that appears on the monitor connected directly to the NVR).

WHAT GOES IN THIS BOX?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You think it might help if we knew the Make and Model?
When you initially set it up, did you scan a QR code?

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
EZVIZ EZUN1884A2

It comes up as "Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Tech" in my router.

Scan the QR code? With my phone, yes. Then it asks for the verification code. Same as the computer, it wants a verification code.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still nothing from the manufacturer.

Entering the admin password (or anything else) gets me the "Incorrect verification code" and entering ABCDEF gets me the message, "Operation failed. Please check the network connection and try again".

The network connection is good- I can ping the NVR from the computer, and ping web addresses from the NVR.

Today I tried entering !@#$%^ into the verification code and got something completely different. I get. "Please wait..." and the typical spinning circles icon that tells me something is happening. Then it times out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd return it, and purchase a real camera system.
If you have to scan a QR code to set it up, it's most likely using a Cloud service, which should be avoided.
Study this from a real computer: Cliff Notes

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, we've gotten to the bottom of it.

When setting the NVR password it encourages you to choose a strong password, including numbers, letters, and symbols.

The NVR accepts symbols in the password, however, the phone and computer apps do not. CS had me reset the password and when I selected the new one I left the symbols out. Back in operation.