Installation with Vinyl Siding corners

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installing cameras under the eves of my doublewide. Found I could run the cable up the vinyl corner pieces. Used a 1/2' pex pipe with cable end just barely taped with one round of cellophane tape. Just enough tape to keep the end on. When I get hold of the end with a pair of needle nose pliers, my wife snatches the pex pipe down which breaks the weak cellophane tape.

Attachments

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do have to cut a small half round valley in the top of the vinyl corner in order to grab the cable end. Best to sand round the sharp edge to keep from scraping the cable.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've installed dozens of CAT-5e cables under siding and up/down vinyl corners of manufactured homes (I'm in rural Alabama) but the pex is a great idea when it would help in certain instances. I always used shielded, outdoor-rated Ubiquiti ToughCable Pro and, of course, ran the cables before I crimped on the RJ-45 male connectors.

Thanks for sharing!

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've installed dozens of CAT-5e cables under siding and up/down vinyl corners of manufactured homes (I'm in rural Alabama) but the pex is a great idea when it would help in certain instances. I always used shielded, outdoor-rated Ubiquiti ToughCable Pro and, of course, ran the cables before I crimped on the RJ-45 male connectors.

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, I did one with the end crimped on and found much easier to push thru and then crimp. Just hate making cable ends sitting on a ladder..