Installed my first 2 cameras.

Eastwood

n3wb
Reaction score
Used info from this site . Did my first rj45 connectors. There not that bad. I realize lower or verifocal would be better. I am very excited about the project. Thanks ipcamtalk.
Nice work. Clean/professional looking install job.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ya done good, young grasshopper....Looks real nice!

Now go to work, earn some $$$ and buy some more cams. :D

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Then you'll be starting your own business installing cameras. I've seen a lot worse from people that make a living installing cameras. Nice Job

jasburrito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I keep telling my computer buddy we should get in the business. I ran wires for many locations for future cameras and blue iris machine. Total of about 1750ft cat6. Just got done doing a dozen rj45 connectors. Computer guy is coming tomarrow. I am so excited to see it all work. Knock on wood.

Attachments

Last edited:

jasburrito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Started with two 2.8 and two 3.6. Have not turned anything on yet. Waiting for my computer buddy to come over and fire it all up. Gonna buy blue iris later today from designer. If the computer works. Been cruising ebay and such looking for a reasonably priced fixed lens 20 to 50mm. Huge Thanks.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is that hardiboard or vinyl siding. Lowes and home depot sell these little siding pieces that I used recently to place a turret at about 7ft height and looks pretty good.Of course this is missing the trim since I hadn't adjusted it yet. Just an idea if you wanted to run anything lower.
Look forward to seeing more of your setup and it grows

Attachments

jasburrito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its vinyl. I saw those in wiki also. They look great. Nice work. My computer guy tried for a few hrs to get cameras going. No dice. Maybe next week. Kinda boxed the top in so birds cannot build a nest. The black line is nat gas to grill. Thanks again ipcammers.

Attachments

jasburrito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My bud got the cameras going. Ya baby. A bunch still needs dialed in. But I am super happy. The sun has set. And I am getting a great picture from dahau 2mp starlight. Just noticed 2 turned to black and white. Too cool. Thanks again

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My bud got the cameras going. Ya baby. A bunch still needs dialed in. But I am super happy. The sun has set. And I am getting a great picture from dahau 2mp starlight. Just noticed 2 turned to black and white. Too cool. Thanks again
If you have enough ambient light, you can try forcing it to stay in color mode at night.