installed update, recording appears to occur but files are never saved

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
finally got my cameras and i started setting up my system again. this was already installed and basically waiting on cameras. doing some testing i wanted to do a playback and found that the playback files do not exist. i just updated to the latest version last night as it prompted me to. my setup is to a NAS so i changed that back to the local drive and i get the same thing. i also toyed with the file name with no luck.
help...

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are recording to mp4, you need to install the proper codec.. There is a link on the blue iris site.

Sent via Taptalk

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i don't think i am. if that is set it happened during the upgrade. the error shows it is a .bvr file right?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might have to rebuild the database after moving the file locations around.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just checked video format on cameras and it shows bvr.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, i did not move it until it did not work on NAS. i was trying to confirm the NAS was OK. but i tested that outside of BI and it worked fine. i will see if that will work. it has been about a month since it was online - waiting on new cameras

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, i did not move it until it did not work on NAS. i was trying to confirm the NAS was OK. but i tested that outside of BI and it worked fine. i will see if that will work. it has been about a month since it was online - waiting on new cameras

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just figured it out. one of the other things i did was install BI as a service. it gave no errors and seemed to start fine. i just uninstalled that and it works now. must be something tied to running as a service. i guess maybe a permission issue or something
windows 10/

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats certainly odd. I know quite a few folks on the forums here are running Win10, including myself. I also am running as a service without any problems like you note. What version are you running?

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit. Yea, seems odd to me as well. I will see if I can see anything in the event viewer. Originally I did not set a user, but somehow when i logged into hotmail from it, I now have to use that email account to login. I need to fix that..

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Getting local accounts to work on a Win10 box is a serious frustration of mine, so I know what you are talking about with the hotmail thing... so stupid of MS.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i could slap Bill Gates right now. let me connect what i want to, not what YOU want to!!!!

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well, this is interesting. i shut it down and started back up after it started working. i got a notification of a new version but i am sure i installed that last night. i let it install and back to the same issue. service is not running though.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you rebuild the database yet?

Right click on clip list is how you do it if I recall correctly

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok this is odd. so i reinstalled windows completely - wiped disk, new install of BI. setup cameras, installed service and it did the same thing. even used a local account. it had been recording although it was off an on and hard to determine what exactly the issue was. it gave me problems before installing the service. so i came back to post here and saw you asked about that again. went ahead and rebuilt the database and it worked! this is not a restored data base. i will toy around and see if it breaks again. thanks for the tip!

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sigh... i just realized what happened. when i rebuilt the database it dropped everything AFTER i installed the service. i had clips as late as 3pm and when i click on them it cannot open them. i rebuilt and the last clip was 2pm timeframe. that is what i saw but was busy and did not notice time. removing service and trying again.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will have to look when I get home, but I bought a computer with 8.1 and did the upgrade same day. If I were to guess, I am running the base version. I will post actual version when I have a chance tonight

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, have you tried to eliminate the NAS again since the rebuild? I would, for SAG, change the location of recordings to a local drive on the machine. If this too isn't working, then we know more where to help with your problem. You might have a problem with clips that were recorded to NAS so just ensure the clips recorded to local drive are working after you make the change in settings.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, i will give it a go. i am lost on what to do here so anything is worth a try. i will let you know what i get. just removed service, one camera recorded - manually and the other failed. settings are the same