Installing Hikvision DS-2CD1001-I on EZVIZ NVR. can be done?

Reaction score
hello all,

I bought the EZVIZ NVR (CS-X4-108P) with 4 cameras and I need to install a fifth one. I bought this Hikvision bullet and I'm having a hard time making the EZVIZ NVR to connect to it. Already read the threads here, tried ONVIF configs, but no success. tried also RTSP custom protocol, no donut.

I plugged my mac on the NVR port and using IVMS I can see the camera working. the camera is already activated, the camera IP address and subnet are ok already (matching the NVR)

but when I ask the NVR to connect, if fails.

any tips? tks in advance.

cheers,
J.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
When you activated the camera, did it ask you to input a new password? Most times on newer hikvision cameras, you have to manually add a camera because the auto add feature thinks that the password for the camera is the default password.

Reaction score
don't think so, at least on the back of the NVR I have 8 ethernet ports... after trying so many things, the camera finally worked via ONVIF (really don't know why it didn't before). Now I'm trying to trigger emails in case of any event (but I'll try to take it from here, search the forum here).
in any case I thank you both for helping me.

cheers.

svk

n3wb
Reaction score
don't think so, at least on the back of the NVR I have 8 ethernet ports... after trying so many things, the camera finally worked via ONVIF (really don't know why it didn't before). Now I'm trying to trigger emails in case of any event (but I'll try to take it from here, search the forum here).
in any case I thank you both for helping me.

cheers.
Hi,
I'm trying to connect fifth camera in the same fashion. I'm really having hard time doing this. Never got any success in adding this. Could you please explain what steps did you took for adding fifth camera?