intel celeron j4125

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello, i might be looking into installing and trying out the trial version of blue iris with deepstack

before i spend time doing all this, anyone know what i could expect with this cpu?

camera, all hikvision, all using 15fps;

2x DS-2CD2155FDW (3072x2048)
1x DS-2DE4A404IW (2560x1440)
1x DS-2DE3304W (2048x1536)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a mobile processor. As such it is not designed for constant high load use. As the use goes up, and is maintained over time, the CPU will heat up. Mobile processor throttle back as the heat rises. Not a very good choice for any VMS. A used business class machine, 6th generation or newer with Win10 Pro preinstalled, is a much better choice and solution

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could probably get by with a trial version on that unit and a camera or two for testing purposes, but certainly not everyday use.

Many of us do not buy new and it is cheaper to buy a refurbished computer. You don't need to buy components and build one or buy a brand new computer.

Many of these refurbished computers are business class computers that have come off lease. The one I bought I kid you not I could not tell that it was a refurbished unit - not a speck of dust or dents or scratches on it. It appeared to me like everything was replaced and I would assume just the motherboard with the intel processor is what was from the original unit. I went with the lowest end processor on the WIKI list as it was the cheapest and it runs my system fine. Could probably get going for $200 or so.

A member here just last month found a refurbished 4th generation for less than $150USD that came with Win10 PRO, 16GB RAM, and a 1TB drive. More than capable. Another member runs 50 cameras on a 4th generation computer at sub 40% CPU.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just installed the trial version to try it out

no deepstack for now, that will be tomorrow

4 camera, full resolution, no motion detection just display full screen

~40% cpu and ~40% gpu (global computer usage)

i was expecting worse

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so correction, i'm a brand new user so, sorry for my mistake

the result above was all substream, default view in grid mode seem to be substream, main stream seem to be when only one camera is shown in full screen

i just enabled hardware decoding intel + vpp

30% cpu and 38% now

ok, it doesnt look great now haha, anyway ... i will still tryout deepstack tomorrow but my hope of something useful is now pretty low

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris is a great program...but like anything computer related, there are minimum requirements of a computer needed.

But it is fine to test on a laptop - I tested on one as well before I made the switch.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i will take that 15 day trial to play around, goal for me is to stop the false/positive of shadow / sun / tree moving

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can certainly do that with Blue Iris, and even more so now with Deepstack AI integration.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if graphic cards price wasnt that crazy i would add one to my main pc and use something like unraid to run a dedicated instance of windows, if i can't make it work on my mini pc like i want i would see what would be best in my scenario, a new used pc or new card

my budget is pretty small for this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From what I hear, a 4th generation refurb will be a lot less than a graphics card!

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so, as expected, i can confirm that this cpu can maybe handle 1-2 camera but not 4 when doing motion / deepstack

but at least i can say this, blueiris + deepstack work! but wayyy to slow on that one

i guess, back to figuring out my budget to get something that will work :blankstare: