Intel Gen8 on unRaid

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone; i recently installed my BI which is an Intel Gen 8 8700 on an unRaid platform using Windows 10 as a VM.
- I noticed every since i have been using my Gen 8 that random cams would freeze with No Signal. I have read through the forums have changed the buffer to 20mb, applied the recommended display driver as per the updated forum. About a day later, 1 or more of my 8 cam system will freeze or go offline. At that point i would have to close BI fully and re-open. The cam it self is ok as i can access the web console via IP.

Any suggestions to fix?
Thanks,

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm just grasping at straws, but I too recently upgraded my computer to run BI. I ran BI on the installed smallish SSD and sent triggers and 24/7 recordings for 16 cameras to an external WD purple. I was having the same symptoms as you and in the end I felt like the cams and BI were freezing because the WD purple couldn't keep up. I ended up installing the WD purple inside the tower so it could make use of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. No problems since.