Intel Quick Sync Settings?

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a setting that must be checked off on in Blue Iris to enable Quick Sync? If not, how do I know it is enabled and working.

I am currently using the Demo version to try it out and see how it works with my setup. Does Direct to Disk and Quick Sync work in Demo mode?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a setting that must be checked off on in Blue Iris to enable Quick Sync? If not, how do I know it is enabled and working.

I am currently using the Demo version to try it out and see how it works with my setup. Does Direct to Disk and Quick Sync work in Demo mode?
You need to enable it in blue iris options >cameras.
None of those functions will work in the demo.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to enable it in blue iris options >cameras.
None of those functions will work in the demo.

Thanks for the quick response fenderman.

I am new to BI, and I am trying to figure out all the settings. Can you let me know if the bit rate on this screen shot looks correct?

There is a junky Dlink on top (disregard that), but take a look at the ones below. 3 are Swanns (Hik 2032's) and the other one is a Q-See 4MP Dome from Costco set at 3MP. Why is the bit rate so off?

bitrate.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The bitrates look ok except for the fourth one....post an image of the camera bitrate settings...also you might have accidentally set blue iris to pull the substream...in the video configuration tab under camera number they should all be set to 1.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BR changes.JPG
Are you pulling these streams from the cameras or nvr?
Try setting the camera to constant bitrate and see if anything changes...also, match the iframe interval to the fps or you may experience ghosting/blotching of the video once you enable direct to disk
Thanks again for the quick responses. I am pulling this directly from the cam, no NVR. I set it to CBR at 10240 and changed the I Frame to 20.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 13710

Thanks again for the quick responses. I am pulling this directly from the cam, no NVR. I set it to CBR at 10240 and changed the I Frame to 20.
ok that makes sense....vbr will lower the birate sometimes significantly depending on the scene..you dont need 10240...that is a waste of disk space... set it to 4096...
the bitrates look good now.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, i will. I also changed all of my I frames to match frame rate.

Thanks!

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
May I ask on this topic is Quick sync something you have to turn on in BI AND somewhere in Windows?

And is Quicksync
the same as and/or associated with "hardware acceleration"?
I have read this also needs to be enabled for best performance to reduce high CPU usage.

I wanted to set my cameras to record constant and send trigger alerts but just two spiked the CPU to 40% so I deff do not have it set up right for that.
I do have direct to disc enabled.

I have been googling how to turn on "hardware acceleration" in Win10..seen a couple of videos but cannot find it in my Win10 settings.

Clearly I'm a bit confused about optimal settings for QS and HA.
Any direction for turning on and proper set up for 24/7 recording of multiple camera would be appreciated.
I have full BI version.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
May I ask on this topic is Quick sync something you have to turn on in BI AND somewhere in Windows?

And is Quicksync
the same as and/or associated with "hardware acceleration"?
I have read this also needs to be enabled for best performance to reduce high CPU usage.

I wanted to set my cameras to record constant and send trigger alerts but just two spiked the CPU to 40% so I deff do not have it set up right for that.
I do have direct to disc enabled.

I have been googling how to turn on "hardware acceleration" in Win10..seen a couple of videos but cannot find it in my Win10 settings.

Clearly I'm a bit confused about optimal settings for QS and HA.
Any direction for turning on and proper set up for 24/7 recording of multiple camera would be appreciated.
I have full BI version.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Quicksync is not a function that is turned on and off...its built into intel HD graphics after gen 2...You need to enable hardware acceleration in blue iris options> cameras...dont use vpp. You dont need to turn anything on in windows. You should not have a discrete video card, and be using intel HD for video.
You need to enable direct to disk for each camera.
Direct to disk will not work in demo mode.
View blue iris on a monitor connected to the pc, not with remote viewing software.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another follow-up to this..... How do you know if QuickSync is actually working? The reason I am asking is because I have a video card installed also, but want to make sure I am using QuickSync in BlueIris. I guess I can take the card out, but I was thinking that it may have some added benefit by leaving it in.