Internet Explorer no longer launching in Windows 10

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All,
For the 2 Dahua cameras I have, it requires Windows 10 and Internet Explorer (original version) to make changes in settings (and have them stick). As of this morning, when I launch IE it redirects to Edge.
Any suggestions here?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Some people on the forum have been suggesting the " Pale Moon" browser, and for some settings the " IE tab can be added to Edge and/or Googe Chrome.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pale Moon wont work for Alarm Track time. Defaults to 15 instead of chaning to 300.

I have enabled the IE tab in Edge (Reload Tab in Internet Explorer Mode). Not sure if that works yet or not or if anyone has tested.
I do know that its buggy. It freezes up Edge and you have to close all the Edge tabs some times (not all the time).
I am also not clear on the page that opens and says "This page is open in Internet Explorer mode", if I should be turning on "Open this page in compatability mode". or "Open this page next time in Internet Explorer mode" and then there is a manage button.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does IE mode I describe above allow you to change the "Alarm Track Time"?

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pale Moon wont work for Alarm Track time. Defaults to 15 instead of chaning to 300.

I have enabled the IE tab in Edge (Reload Tab in Internet Explorer Mode). Not sure if that works yet or not or if anyone has tested.
I do know that its buggy. It freezes up Edge and you have to close all the Edge tabs some times (not all the time).
I am also not clear on the page that opens and says "This page is open in Internet Explorer mode", if I should be turning on "Open this page in compatability mode". or "Open this page next time in Internet Explorer mode" and then there is a manage button.
IE mode works fine for my cameras.
Can't say I've had any issues with it being buggy and settings not sticking (except for when I forget to click save.)

I've never used the specific setting you're asking about though.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the 32 bit version of Pale Moon or the 64 bit version? There is a difference and you need to be using the 32 bit version.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IE mode does not work for the PTZs.

As you are experiencing, it will default to 15 seconds for track time.

If you haven't disabled Windows updates, do that.

The key is to keep Win10 as long as possible, shut off Windows updates, and go into Task Scheduler and delete/disable any items Windows has added that will switch to Edge and remove Explorer.

They have now made it so you cannot uninstall Edge, but then they also snuck in some Task Schedulers that run constantly. Some on my computer are running every hour and some are once a day.

They are looking for Edge updates every 12 hours and I bet one day will just wipe Explorer off your computer.

I was wondering why Edge kept updating and kept opening up when I would open Explorer.

So for those of us that lock down and disable Windows Updates, be sure to check your Task Scheduler for any updates they have hidden here.

Here where the ones that showed up in mine one day.

1665060346278.png

Then try to delete Edge (probably won't) and then try opening Internet Explorer again.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed Pale Moon again today. 32 bit. On install it adds a plugin and I accepted the plugin.

Pale Moon 32 bit under Windows 11 and Windows 10 doesnt work. Displays tracking at 15 not 300 and PTZ motion tracking not working.

So onto Edge using IE mode. This looks like it has changed since a couple months ago... the setup, the way it puts the icon in the upper right corner, etc...
Please take a look at my attachments. Based these, does it appear to be running correctly now? So we can use Edge with the new IE mode?

Attachments

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One more question. I borrowed my wifes laptop. She still has Windows 10. But she has the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer. Will That work?
I also went into Qindows + R, services.msc and disabled Startup for Windows Update. Will that work to lock her down?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that Internet Explorer will be fine.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So both 32 adn 64 bit Internet Explorer works under Windows 10? I know you said Pale Moon had to be 32 bit. (even though it doesnt work for me)

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
64 bit windows will run 32 bit programs
Sorry, maybe I worded this wrong. My question is if Internet Explorer, both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions under Windows 10, are BOTH compatible with the specific Dhaua application in order to make settings stick. he had mentioned that you needed 32 bit Pale Moon and could not use 64 bit Pale Moon. So I was wondering if it was the same for IE

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i believe it is only in reference to Pale Moon. He told me the same thing. So i have a it installed.....32bit pale moon....nobody has made mention of the 32/64 bit clash with IE since I've been on the forum....