Introduction - Hi from Seattle

dbtabasco

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
About a month ago I decided that I wanted a small security system for my shop which is part of a community of artists here in Seattle WA. I figured a couple cameras in the shop (so I can watch the arts group that uses my shop on weekends if I'm not here) and a couple in the hall in front of my shop and a couple in front of the building (where weird things happen every once and a while).

It didn't seem that difficult I liked the cameras that were at Costco and figured a Lorex or Q-See would be fine. I then mentioned to my landlord that I was considering this and he said asked me to look into something that was expandable, since he would like to add some cameras to not only this building but the whole complex. which is 3 1/2 buildings and over 150 ish artists and studios.

So I started researching and fell down a rabbit hole.

Fast forward..
Thank you for all the reviews, the cliff notes, IPVM Links (which I am now a monthly member of), and really the fantastic resources and helpful insights. I Just put and order into Andy for my initial test batch. The hard part is figuring out which cameras should go where.

• NVR - NVR5232-16P-4KS2E - wanted something expandable, being able to add a PoE switch will be helpful.
  • Cameras
    • HFW5231E-ZE - 1 and HDW5231R-ZE - 2 - These two are really what seems to be the standard of this forum, everything seems to be compared to one these or a generation before.
    • HFW1831E - 2 - There are some areas with decent lighting and this seems like a favorite if your gonna get anything with high MB count
    • HFW4239T-ASE - 1- i just really liked the review and thought it might be a solid addition.
  • Brackets
    • Junction Box PFA130
    • Wall Mount Bracket PFB203W

Once I have spent sometime with them I will be able to figure out what works best where.

Here is a link to the project on IPVM (incase any one is interested) https://ipvm.com/calculator/bHEpwA Very random at this point but a start.

A note
- The cliff notes could use the info from here re:NVR codes - https://dahuawiki.com/USA/NVR/
took me forever to figure out what the 54xx verse 52xx vs 42xx vs etc.. meant. The Cliff notes has a version for the cameras but not NVR's and it would have helped.

Anyway thanks for the start and I figure continuing resource when I can't figure something out.

Cheers
Tabasco