Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing in mixed manufacturer system

strutha

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a HiKVision HiLook NVR-108MH-D/W which supports connection of cameras with intrusion detection and line crossing functionality. I bought the NVR as a kit which came with 4 HikVision cameras but unfortunately the cameras do not have intrusion detection and line crossing functionality so I'm having to rethink my system a bit.

One thing that's not clear to me is whether intrusion and detection and line crossing functionality is specific to each manufacturer or are they based on some kind of underlying standard protocol which enables interoperability between kit from different manufacturers? To put it simply, if I find a non-HiKvision IP camera that I like with intrusion detection and line crossing is it likely it would be able to trigger recording of such events in my HikVision NVR? I understand I may have to configure the functionality directly in the camera rather than through the NVR but that's a relatively minor inconvenience.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. And if somebody is already doing this and can give suggestions for cameras that work well that would be much appreciated.