Intrusion Detection Suddenly stopped working (sending Push notif)

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a couple of 8mp turret cams from Nellys Security, I believe they are the model match of the DS-2CD2383G0-1. The other day, only on one cam, the intrusion detection suddenly stopped sending me push notifications. I did everything, firmeware is up to date, rebooted both camera and NVR, even reset the default settings of the camera itself. Because of all that, I had to redraw my areas, and reset the intrusion detection all over again. This time I added the audible alarm so that I could test it locally. Mind you the Line detection and motion will work just fine and send notifications just fine. So I watched the area, and the boxes trip red which tell me its catching the instrusion, the problem is, no audible alarm, no push notification sent, not even a sound on the ivms-4200 when it happens, nothing. Very strange to me, any ideas?

Last edited:

n3wb
Reaction score
Very strange, its been 2 days. This morning I figured I would swap the POE ports on the NVR, tried that and nothing, but then after I swapped them back to their original position, no more than 15 min later, I went back in and redid the settings and now works fine. Sometimes these cameras can get very fussy if you mess with them just a little bit and other times, they are like workhorses never needing maintenance.

Thanks!