INVALID FORMAT... Where'd I go wrong?

Reaction score
Ok.. So, I properly mounted 3 HIKVISION IR FIXED DOME Network Cameras (Model: DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) to the exterior of premises. Ran CAT5 from each of those cameras to the HIKVISION DVR/NVR (Model: DS-7100). (Sidenote RE: DVR/NVR; No Hard Drive Incl. Installed Hard Drive: WD Purple 2TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive (Model: WD20PURZ)) Anyhow, connection appears solid; checked for green lighting alongside each individual port & infrared lighting on the face of each camera. In keeping w/ my plan of installation, I ran HDMI directly frm DVR/NVR to TV. I'm not getting any footage; a screen msg appears, which reads: INVALID FORMAT. Where'd I go wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok.. So, I properly mounted 3 HIKVISION IR FIXED DOME Network Cameras (Model: DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) to the exterior of premises. Ran CAT5 from each of those cameras to the HIKVISION DVR/NVR (Model: DS-7100). (Sidenote RE: DVR/NVR; No Hard Drive Incl. Installed Hard Drive: WD Purple 2TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive (Model: WD20PURZ)) Anyhow, connection appears solid; checked for green lighting alongside each individual port & infrared lighting on the face of each camera. In keeping w/ my plan of installation, I ran HDMI directly frm DVR/NVR to TV. I'm not getting any footage; a screen msg appears, which reads: INVALID FORMAT. Where'd I go wrong?
there should be an option in the web interface to change the output resolution, try matching it to your tv..