Invalid Station Id

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score
I added Alicante Airport (LEAL) and then ID is OK, but wont this work with pws or directly with Cumulus?

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score
@Mike - where are you?? :)

I really want weather data from my own station published on my web cam and hope it@s possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Lemmy sorry for the delay, was in California on vacation :)

Not sure why you are getting that error, that station is working on my end. Another user reported something very similar, however. Are you attempting to retrieve the wind speed or wind description? If so, try unchecking those values and see if it works. Have you tried a different station ID? As of right now BIT only works with WUnderground, but I definitely want to incorporate other weather sources in future BIT versions. I too have a weather station and would like to retrieve data locally from it. We'll talk when I'm there :)

I know I've been promising it for a while, but an updated version of BIT is in the works. I already have a bunch of the reported bugs fixed, some UI improvements and are finalizing the integration with BI4.

Thanks!

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mike...glad you're back :)

As mentioned I want to retrive weather data from my personal weather station (IALICANT56) and I thought that would work since I deliver live data to Weather Underground...but wont work.

Tried other privat (PWS), but wont work, so (for now) I just added the closest one to me; Alicante (LEAL) Airport and that worked....but of course data not precise the same!

Is the proble that our PWS don't have the 4 letter ending code??

You doing a great job Mike...thank you and all the best.

- Lemmy.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike...glad you're back :)

As mentioned I want to retrive weather data from my personal weather station (IALICANT56) and I thought that would work since I deliver live data to Weather Underground...but wont work.

Tried other privat (PWS), but wont work, so (for now) I just added the closest one to me; Alicante (LEAL) Airport and that worked....but of course data not precise the same!

Is the proble that our PWS don't have the 4 letter ending code??

You doing a great job Mike...thank you and all the best.

- Lemmy.
Please try to gather the weather info with Wind Speed and Description being off...If they are already off, turn them on and try.

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah...that did it, Mike - all seems good now thank you :cool:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah...that did it, Mike - all seems good now thank you :cool:
@Lemmy, can you please update to the latest BIT and see if the issue is resolved with Wind Speed and Description being on?

Last edited:

Lemmy

n3wb
Reaction score
I will check it one day next week and let you know, Mike :loyal: