IOS app crash green bars on recording video

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
morning all.

I’m having an issue where when trying to record within the app a clip already generated via blue iris, the app either crashes or the video I get has green bars at the bottom if it ( pressing the video/movie button once to start recording clip and then once again to stop and save clip to camera role)
This only happens on the cameras I have with the video turned through 90 to get the side of the house, the “normal” cameras record fine.

Just to be clear this is not a BI problem but the IOS app problem I presume.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
morning all.

I’m having an issue where when trying to record within the app a clip already generated via blue iris, the app either crashes or the video I get has green bars at the bottom if it ( pressing the video/movie button once to start recording clip and then once again to stop and save clip to camera role)
This only happens on the cameras I have with the video turned through 90 to get the side of the house, the “normal” cameras record fine.

Just to be clear this is not a BI problem but the IOS app problem I presume.
uncheck also bvr in the video settings on the server for that camera, using BI to turn the camera is inefficient because you cant use direct to disk..try doing it in the cameras firmware settings or rotating the actual camera.

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks
Ok I’ll give that a go. The camera is physically turned through 90 to get a better
Shot down the side of the house I used BI to
Rotate it.
It’s a hikvision so hopefully can give that a go in he web gui.
So the ones I have turned the video round are not recording direct to disk?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
Ok I’ll give that a go. The camera is physically turned through 90 to get a better
Shot down the side of the house I used BI to
Rotate it.
It’s a hikvision so hopefully can give that a go in he web gui.
So the ones I have turned the video round are not recording direct to disk?
you can set it to record direct to disk but the recording wont be rotated...

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I kept the video as was and un checked the also bvr option. But I still get the app crash.
Next I put the camera back in to normal view (no BI rotation) and the video recorded ok.
I tried using the hikvision web interface to rotate but I get a funny split screen as per attached. Cameras are DS-2cd2032-I

Just to be clear it’s not the manual recording option in the app that this happens to that works ok it when I try and record the pre recorded alert in the app.

Attachments