IOS App Update v2.01.00

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I grabbed this screenshot today while updating the Blue Iris iOS App.

1633055831006.jpeg

Looks like the first implementation of these new features in the 5.5.1.5 help pdf…
(and more...)
time to play.

1633055935761.png

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was hoping the ’Deep link URL schemes’ means notifications will be able to directly open alerts.
I just tested it, no joy.
Maybe it’s coming.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How has stability been in the latest updates? I had the iOS app prompt me to update but I believe I’m on the latest “highly stable” version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was hoping the ’Deep link URL schemes’ means notifications will be able to directly open alerts.
I just tested it, no joy.
Maybe it’s coming.
If you long press on the notification there are new options to open the newest alert for that camera. That appears to be working for be me, but I agree you should be able to achieve the same thing by just opening the notification.

IMG_4911.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you long press on the notification there are new options to open the newest alert for that camera. That appears to be working for be me, but I agree you should be able to achieve the same thing by just opening the notification.
Good catch. It’s working for me too! … Did you just find this by trial, or was it in the App’s help and I missed it?

I think I’ll email have emailed Ken to ask if opening the actual alert (not just the latest) is on the roadmap.
If this isn’t possible, then maybe a 3rd ‘Open’ option to open UI3 using the &rec= URL HTTP query parameter.

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good catch. It’s working for me too! … Did you just find this by trial, or was it in the App’s help and I missed it?

I think I’ll email have emailed Ken to ask if opening the actual alert (not just the latest) is on the roadmap.
If this isn’t possible, then maybe a 3rd ‘Open’ option to open UI3 using the &rec= URL HTTP query parameter.
I had previously requested this feature, along with automatically playing the relevant alert when launching from a notification, about a year ago so I kept checking if it had been added after each update.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Strange, here in the UK this is what I got last night, same version but no mention of any of the changes shown in the original post.

IMG_8770.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh hang on ignore me, just realised that I have an extra .01 so an even newer version ?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh hang on ignore me, just realised that I have an extra .01 so an even newer version ?
I think if you tap that “version history” link in your screenshot you’ll see it. It looks like the .01 update was released less than one day later.

Nuphor

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any documentation on the noted "Deep link URL schemes" addition? It'd be neat to be able to deep link to certain cameras via blueiris:/ URIs from the custom alerts I'm using at the moment from Home Assistant.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there any documentation on the noted "Deep link URL schemes" addition?
None that I'm aware of. Checked the help pdf too.
Nor in Ken's reply to my inquiry in post #5 above - just got a "thanks for the feedback and suggestions".

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I emailed last week also asking if the new URL schemes are documented anywhere but haven't heard back yet. If you load blueiris:/?Camera=shortname on iOS it'll open a live view of the camera. I've been using that with iOS Shortcuts and home screen icons.

Previously, I've asked about it opening the specific alert from the notification rather than just the most recent alert but got a similar response. I'd also love a per-alert viewed status (instead of per-camera) so I can go through the "unread" alerts like I do for email, but Ken said no.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you load blueiris:/?Camera=shortname on iOS it'll open a live view of the camera.
By "load" do you mean enter the command into the Safari browser address bar?
When I do this, Safari prompts me to open the app, but the app is not navigating to the specified camera.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, or in a Shortcuts action or Home Screen shortcut, etc..

There needs to be two slashes in the URL after "blueiris" (the forum removed one when I wrote it.) And make sure you replace "shortname" with the actual shortname of the camera. Then it should open straight to the camera you want.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, I used two slashes and the actual camera shortname.

For testing I used the Notes app to create a new note with various links to try.

On an iPad the app opens directly. On an iPhone Notes prompts first; ditto from Safari.

On both, the App version is 2.01.01.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I used two slashes and the actual camera shortname.

For testing I used the Notes app to create a new note with various links to try.

On an iPad the app opens directly. On an iPhone the browser prompts first.
Nice. Same result for me with the safari prompt on iPhone. No prompt with Shortcuts.

IMG_4995 (1).jpeg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows a different syntax ... note the question mark and lower case 'camera'.
Tried this with same result.
Still not working for me.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got a reply from support. The updated deep link URL schemes will be included in the help file with the next release on PC.