iOS Geofencing

Moose

n3wb
Reaction score
How many out there are using the geofencing feature with iPhone? I’ve just started testing it out on the iPhone 8 but I’m curious what affect it will have on battery performance.

Any experiences with it draining battery too quick?

Shodan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m using it since several years now and I did not notice any significant increase of battery drain.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Shodan

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, it seems last iOS app update (1.59.03) broke geofencing ... At least on my side ...

Moose

n3wb
Reaction score
Broke it on my end as well. Keeps resetting each time I turn it on.

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Geofence turning off as soon as you leave the screen. Tried reinstalling app, checked Long & Lat in BI - all ok.

Shodan

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris support replied to me stating an update is forthcoming to restore geofence functionality.
In my case Ken answered he will look into it, but told me that my license is not under support anymore ?!?!
I don’t understand this position : I bought an iphone app that claims to have geofence support but it does not work anymore ! This has nothing to do with the fact that I didn’t paid for an extended support for my Windows software !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In my case Ken answered he will look into it, but told me that my license is not under support anymore ?!?!
I don’t understand this position : I bought an iphone app that claims to have geofence support but it does not work anymore ! This has nothing to do with the fact that I didn’t paid for an extended support for my Windows software !

Support is support...it costs him time....this is how EVERY other company operates. Dont like it, switch to another vms - then you will see what support REALLY costs on top of 100 dollar licenses...it amazes me how folks demand lifetime support on a 60 dollar software package or in this case a 10 dollar app...otherwise sit back and wait until someone who has paid support gets it worked out...since you claim to be using the app for several years, you likely purchased it before he added geofencing for FREE!

Shodan

n3wb
Reaction score
Support is support...it costs him time....this is how EVERY other company operates. Dont like it, switch to another vms - then you will see what support REALLY costs on top of 100 dollar licenses...it amazes me how folks demand lifetime support on a 60 dollar software package or in this case a 10 dollar app...otherwise sit back and wait until someone who has paid support gets it worked out...since you claim to be using the app for several years, you likely purchased it before he added geofencing for FREE!
A good way to save time with support is to perform efficient non regression tests before releasing a new version. Obviously, this is something that is often neglected with BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A good way to save time with support is to perform efficient non regression tests before releasing a new version. Obviously, this is something that is often neglected with BI.
yes, sure, and release updates once a year like all the others and STILL have issues....go search for another VMS and you will come running back. What other software package in ANY industry pushes new FEATURES about twice a month? for free? at anywhere near this price point....let alone the vms industry which charges lots of money for updates and support. While some users reported your issue, it likely does not happen to most....sit tight or stop being a cheapskate and buy support...you have no problem overpaying Apple, so this shouldnt be a problem for you.

Shodan

n3wb
Reaction score
I definitly not gonna buy support and you know what, next time, I’ll get a cracked version of BI (which is very easy to find) instead of buying it and support the developper.
Doing so I´ll get no frustration since I won’t be in position to expect any support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I definitly not gonna buy support and you know what, next time, I’ll get a cracked version of BI (which is very easy to find) instead of buying it and support the developper.
Doing so I´ll get no frustration since I won’t be in position to expect any support.

You are now banned from the site. We dont support piracy in any form. Hopefully you will get a VIRUS from those "cracked" versions - they are infected. You are a cheap asshole and a thief. An amazingly ungrateful prick. The irony of a thief with cameras...if you are going to steal why not just steal something better than blue iris?

Last edited:

Btown guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome, so fenderman are you like a paid staff member. If so I want guys like you working my customer relations department.