iOS Hik-Connect app keeps asking for my credentials

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this happening only to me?
The iOS Hik-Connect app ask me for credentials almost every day (sometime more often).
Sure, it’s saved and I just need to click OK but SO ANNOYING!!!
Any way to avoid that?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This drives me crazy, too! I cannot recognize any pattern to when it prompts me to login vs when it doesn't. I'd love a solution as well!

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so this is a general issue, not only me?
Surprised that users didn’t complain that much about this...
I tried providing the feedback to Hik but not even sure they look at that...

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has been happening more frequently for me, as in many times per day.

I bought the LaView-branded version of the Hikvision doorbell and downloaded their “LaViewConnect” app which is a clone of the Hik-Connect app. Both apps have this same login prompt issue.

Since LaView offers free tech support, I’ve opened a ticket with them about the issue. We’ll see if they can find an answer.

Jetfax

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue every day and I can’t pick up doorbell ring when it happens! Let me know if you have an update ?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It's possible it is logging you out for security reasons, although, my Android Hik-Connect never does that. Also, if it's multiple times a day there's probably something else wrong.

Are all of you on iOS?

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
It's possible it is logging you out for security reasons, although, my Android Hik-Connect never does that. Also, if it's multiple times a day there's probably something else wrong.

Are all of you on iOS?
I'm on android and it does it

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on android and it does it
Interesting, so it’s not just limited to iOS.

Another thing I forgot to mention when comparing the Hik-Connect app vs the LaView Connect app is that they both appear to use the same backend server. For example, if I add or remove a camera in one app, the same change appears in the other app. I can also login using the same credentials between the two.

Not sure if that’s of any significance other than demonstrating everything goes through Hikvision’s servers. Seems like perhaps a server-side authentication issue that’s causing us all to repeatedly login.

No answers on my LaView support ticket yet but I’ll report back if that changes. When I contacted them for an update this week, they mentioned they’ll be releasing an app update in the next week that may address some of the issues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jetfax

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I observed:

I used Hik-Connect App for over a year and have 5 cameras added , it rarely logged me out. Now I have Hikvison Doorbell (Ubell brand, upgraded with the latest FW) to my hik-connect account, I noticed this issue happened very often in a day. I wonder if

1. The camera connection to the cloud server is not stable enough? Other cameras are all POE, this is using wifi.
2. User has no issues do they have doorbell on their cloud account?

I have not tested the following: can we add the doorbell as a local device to Hik-Connect app, will the alarm notification still works?

Jetfax

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like 3.5.3.180818 version of the hik-connect app has fixed the logout issue. I will test more and report back.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like 3.5.3.180818 version of the hik-connect app has fixed the logout issue. I will test more and report back.
So far, so good for me, too!

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. It just prompted me to login again w/ 3.5.3.180818 on iOS.

Last edited:

MatthiasB

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here. I also have a doorbell connected. Very annoying issue as it disrupts a door call ending up in missed deliveries and other frustrations. Hope this gets fixed soon..

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I check with La-View support every few days (since June) about this issue and it sounds like they haven't made any progress. The Hik-Connect iOS app is a few versions ahead of La-View's version but both still have this issue.

I opened a ticket with Hikvision US tech support just last week but they immediately asked for my device's serial number before they'll provide support. I assume if I give them a serial from my an eBay-purchased device they'll deny support because it wasn't purchased from an authorized US distributor.

I've done some testing myself by removing every device from the app, and then re-added each device to see if one, in particular, is causing this problem. At first, I thought it was related to the doorbell camera but it still continued to happen without having the doorbell cam added to the app.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a follow-up, I heard back from Hikvision USA tech support with the following message (as expected):
Hello,

The Serial Number you provided for the device that you purchased is NOT from one of our USA authorized distributors. You will need to refer to your place of purchase for support. The firmware on our website is only compatible with Hikvision US Market Product.
So maybe I need to find and buy the cheapest Hikvision camera from an authorized distributor just so that they'll offer tech support for the Hik-Connect app?

Would anyone here who actually has one be willing talk to Hikvision support about the app log-out problem?

Reaction score
As a Hikvision HDP dealer, I get sent questionnaires pretty frequently. One of the questions referred to this issue of getting logged out frequently. So apparently they are aware of it, but as per usual, could be months or years before they fix it.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As a Hikvision HDP dealer, I get sent questionnaires pretty frequently. One of the questions referred to this issue of getting logged out frequently. So apparently they are aware of it, but as per usual, could be months or years before they fix it.
Strange, thanks for the info! (Although not very promising.)

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow...
I suspected they knew about it, kind of obvious issue for ANYONE using the app for more than 5 minutes...
I see the app getting stupid updates with useless features (and multiple corrections of those features) but they don't deal with this...

We'll see I guess...
The only reason I use Hik-Connect app is for the playback, grabbing videos and pictures and notification of events from the cams, these functionalities work great but for live view, IVMS4200 is still better (but sucks for the rest)
The main functionality I love with IVMS4200 is that when you are in multiple cam view (all streams at sub stream), if you double tap on a stream and change it to main stream, it remembers this next time you double tap on it from the multiple cam view. With Hik-Connect, no, always have to manually change it to main stream. Annoying enough to make me use IVMS4200 for live viewing only...
I sent multiple "feedbacks" about this (and other issues) in their app but I have no idea if this is actually revised by someone or just goes in their trash can lol...