iOS Push failure 80090308-Anyone else?

Fhantazm

n3wb
Reaction score
This just randomly started occurring. I'm on 5.6.31, but only updated hoping it would fix the issue. It was happening on 5.6.2.10 as well. I've run all Windows updates (Win 10 pro) and have ensured I'm using the newest Blue Iris app on my phone to no avail. Seems to only happen when I'm not on my local network.

1667146633463.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Seeing the same. Seems inconsistent. I see a successful push from a particular cam, then I see the same cam with an error. Looking back through the log file, the error first appears on 10/12. Trying to remember if I updated anything at that time. I'm on 5.6.1.3 also. IOS app version 2.03.06.

Fhantazm

n3wb
Reaction score
Seeing the same. Seems inconsistent. I see a successful push from a particular cam, then I see the same cam with an error. Looking back through the log file, the error first appears on 10/12. Trying to remember if I updated anything at that time. I'm on 5.6.1.3 also. IOS app version 2.03.06.
Right on. That's right around when I started noticing it as well. There's a new field in settings where you can name the device. I changed mine. May or may not help.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Where is that? Doesn't the device already have a name? e.g., Alex's iPad 2018 in your case.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm... wonder why that doesn't already match my IOS device name or the named device in BI. Mine seems to work most of the time. It must be able to get to my device by the name that exists in BI.

I looked back through the logs again and I don't see any update that would have started mine. Latest before the first error on 10.12 was on 10/4, then I did another update after and it still continued.

Fhantazm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm... wonder why that doesn't already match my IOS device name or the named device in BI. Mine seems to work most of the time. It must be able to get to my device by the name that exists in BI.

I looked back through the logs again and I don't see any update that would have started mine. Latest before the first error on 10.12 was on 10/4, then I did another update after and it still continued.
Yeah. Made no difference. Still happening. Maybe it'll work itself out after a future update.

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Running 5.6.3.1. For the past few updates been getting these too. Can’t be certain if it’s actually dropping the notifications on my phone though.

“iOS push failure 80090308; check security exemptions and service Login”

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm glad it's not just me. Thought I broke something :)

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was getting this also, it looks to have stopped after I did a full BI server reboot.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been getting this error sporadically since Oct 28. I'm running the latest version 5.6.3.1. A full reboot did not improve it. I emailed support on Oct 29 but he's not able to reproduce the error and suspects it may be the result of something with Apple's servers. I'm skeptical of that cause and I've checked all iOS device notification permissions and they seem correct. I'll email support again asking for further troubleshooting suggestions.

ATXisHome

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also been getting this error intermittently, on both 5.6.3.0 and 5.6.3.1. Issue has persisted through reboots.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've also been getting this error intermittently, on both 5.6.3.0 and 5.6.3.1. Issue has persisted through reboots.
I thought the reboot fixed it, still getting the errors. What I notes is sometimes the push go through fine with no errors.

ATXisHome

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought the reboot fixed it, still getting the errors. What I notes is sometimes the push go through fine with no errors.
Yes, I get most notifications but it is failing on probably 10-20% of them still. It's much too high a failure rate to not be addressed and it makes me unable to rely on the notifications.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here. I get many of my BI iOS notifications but not all.
I have BI set up to email me every time there's an error, so I'm getting 5-10 emails every day with the "iOS push failure 80090308" error.
I emailed support to ask for troubleshooting suggestions but haven't heard back yet.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like yesterday's 5.6.3.2 update now includes the affected mobile device name in the error message. So now the error says:
11/3/2022 8:11:58 AM Front_Yard: Push: failed 80090308 to Aaron's iPhone 14 Pro; check security exemptions and service Login (5)
I was hoping that additional info would help identify which of my mobile devices is the cause, but it looks like it's all of them.