IP bullet cam

Reaction score
Hi I've been using M12 D connectors for 10 years for ethernet & in the last year started using M12 X, I've recently been looking for some bullet cameras that use either M12 D or M12 X and to my surprise I can't find any

So does anyone know if they are available?

Either way I'm looking for bullet cameras with colour night vision 4 (3x4mm,1x2.8mm) of which will be in light areas (orange Street lights) & 1 (2.8mm) that will require light

Looking for PoE, 5mp+, 24/7 recording, most or all to have microphones, preferably AI on the NVR

Not worked on CCTV for a few years so a bit out of touch with makes & models

Cameras I used to use recorded in a lower Res 24/7 & went to full Res on motion, think it used sub & main stream, is that still a thing or is it just main stream recording now that hdd's are bigger?

Thanks for any advice

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Please read the Cliff Notes and check out the WIKI. There is a lot of info there that will help you get back up to speed.

As far as the M12 connectors, I have not seen any IP cams using them. Everything I have seen uses RJ45 ethernet.

For low light color, the Dahua 5442 series is the top dog in the prosumer line. There are several threads here discussing them and a few that are reviews by members. Do a search. It is a 4MP cam on a 1/1.8" sensor. It comes in bullet, turret, and dome form factors. There are varifocal and fixed lens versions.

Reaction score
Thanks for your inputs, sorry about the late response

I personally was hoping for slightly higher resolution than 4mp

Have people tried
Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E
Dahua IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV

Not fussed about the red & blue lights just want starlight, preferably a mic & h.265+ at 5 or 8 mp

I know the sensitivity on the 8mp is 0.007lux rather than 0.002lux of the 4mp, not quite sure how much difference 0.005lux would make