IP cam pro not showing the feed over the internet

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I got IP cam pro in order to use my iPad as an IP camera and see the feed over the internet. However, when I try to access the URL I get an error saying it cant be reached. The local one works fine though.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I got IP cam pro in order to use my iPad as an IP camera and see the feed over the internet. However, when I try to access the URL I get an error saying it cant be reached. The local one works fine though.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.
what have you done to allow remote access?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I mean it CANNOT
Then chances are it is not forwarded correctly or your ISP is blocking it. Using a VPN is much more secure so look into that, however to fix this port forwarding issue you need to try a different port. Note that port 80 is blocked my most ISPs and a lot of port scanners will scan up to port 1000 so you should always have your ports start after than 1000.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like IP Cam pro wont let you change the port for remote connection. Only for local.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like IP Cam pro wont let you change the port for remote connection. Only for local.
You configure the remote port in your router via a port forwarding rule. The remote port can be whatever as long as it is directed toward the camera's port in IPCam Pro and is not blocked by your ISP. Just make sure you use the port specified in your router. So if you have a port forwarding rule set up to direct 1500 to port 80 on the camera, to access it remotely you would visit
Code:
http://ipaddress:1500
What kind of router do you have? Post a pic of your port forwarding rule but make sure to leave your global IP address out of it.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that the ports are pointing to the appropriate local IP address.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, what you mean? Is that even possible on the screen I posted?

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Help please? I posted all the info I was requested. Isnt this this the right way to open the ports for the app to work?