IP camera export .xls file seems to be missing information

joey54

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR and a DS-2DE3304W-DE PTZ IP camera. When I do an IP Camera export to save my config information, a .xls file is generated. When I open this excel spreadsheet on my PC all I see are the following two lines:

Device Type DS-7608NI-E2/8P Language Type(Chinese:2,Other:1) 1

IP Camera No IP Camera Address Protocol Management Port Channel No User Name Admin Password Transfer Protocol

Where is the configuration information for the IP camera? Am I missing something?

My Firmware:
DS-7608NI-E2/8P v3.4.92 build 170228
DS-2DE3304W-DE v5.4.8 build 170210

thx

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is the configuration information for the IP camera? Am I missing something?
It should just be there - there is nothing to do enable that detail, and it works OK on that firmware version.
It should also provide the info for connection protocols other than Hikvision.
No active filters on your Excel?

joey54

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I thought to, it should be there, but it's not.
I did the export using the local monitor and USB thumb drive connected to the NVR and also using iVMS-4200 on a mac.
No filters on excel. I viewed the excel file with a hex editor and only saw the same two lines as well.
The camera works fine, just the .xls file is missing info????

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I did the export using the local monitor and USB thumb drive connected to the NVR
I've only ever done this via the web GUI and IE11 with webcomponents installed.
Maybe a bug in the code that handles the HDMI/VGA interface way of doing it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just tested this via the USB HDMI/VGA method on a 7604NI-E1/4P/A with 3.4.92 firmware and it worked OK, the camera details were in the .xls export file.
Odd.

joey54

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried using the web GUI and IE11 with webcomponents installed and got the same results, two lines in .xls file and that's it. It seems like the NVR is unable to get the config info from the camera for some reason???
I added the camera using plug-and-play - very odd indeed........