Ip camera not showing on network

adam20130

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i recently purchased a Iegeek 720p Ip camera, when i am trying to set the camera up i plug the camera into my router (BT Home Hub 4) and when i go to search for the camera on my network i cannot find the camera, ive been in the settings on my router to find connected devices and the camera is not showing, theres power going to the camera but it just cant seem to find it on my network. Am i doing something wrong? thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i recently purchased a Iegeek 720p Ip camera, when i am trying to set the camera up i plug the camera into my router (BT Home Hub 4) and when i go to search for the camera on my network i cannot find the camera, ive been in the settings on my router to find connected devices and the camera is not showing, theres power going to the camera but it just cant seem to find it on my network. Am i doing something wrong? thanks
Welcome to the forum.
First, if you still can, return the camera its bottom barrel junk.
Second, many of those cams do not support access by third party software or browser...you dont state the model

adam20130

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply, i cant take it back i bought it second hand lol oh well.
What camera do you recommend? Id like one with all the features that the iegeek has.
thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply, i cant take it back i bought it second hand lol oh well.
What camera do you recommend? Id like one with all the features that the iegeek has.
thanks
it depends on your budget...indoor/outdoor
you likely dont need most of the "features" of that camera..for example 99/100 times pan tilt is just a gimmick..dont even know what camera you have so its hard to say..you dont state the model.