IP camera offline with a message of 'user password error' appear on HikVision NVR

JonNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to setup the HiLook IPC-D120H IP Camera so it can work with HiWatch NVR (NVR-104-E / 4P). I followed the the steps as what the manual says to install the IP camera on the NVR i.e. :
- Activated the 2 IP camera using SADP tool
On SADP Tool the two camera is already on 'active' state (see screen capture)
- On the NVR I choose 'plug-n-play' and ensure that the camera's password matched the NVR's password

But on the NVR's camera management screen, I noticed that it's offline with a message of 'user password error'.

So I tried resetting the 2 cameras to 'default' settings but same outcome - NVR's camera management screen still says camera is offline with a message of 'user password error'

So I'm stuck now on figuring what steps I should to do next as I followed the instructions on
the camera's manual to set it up.

Can someone with a experience in setting up the HiLook IPC-D120H IP camera with HiWatch NVR please tell me what I did wrong or what I missed.

I also what to know if the HiLook IPC-D120H IP camera is compatible with HiWatch NVR (NVR-104-E/4P). For my other IP Camera HiWatch (IPC-B120-I) I did not have this sort of trouble setting it up.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

JonNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
any ideas guys, or probably can someone please tell me the tech support email of HikVision/HiLook, thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision does not provide support to end users.

Try this.
Do a hard reset on the camera.
Only connect one to the NVR. Reboot the NVR.

If that does not work
Connect one camerasto a switch and then use a PC to access them.

SDBNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi JonNZ
Did you have any success in getting this working? I have exactly the same issue as yours and I am stumped... any help would be greatly appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A common cause for suddenly getting invalid password errors on Hikvision cameras is that they have been hacked, as a consequence of inbound access from the internet being possible.
If so, a couple of changed passwords to try are 1111aaaa and asdf1234

If they work, the next step would be to block the inbound access.

SDBNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - but no luck.

On the NVR-104-E/4P I have 3x HikVision IPC-B220 cameras running perfectly. They were plug-and-play, easy as.

Now trying to add a HiLook IPC-D140H camera. I activated the camera using SADP on my PC, set a password and set camera IP address to same subnet as other cameras (192.168.254.xx) The other settings are exactly as existing working cameras (HiWatch protocol, channel 1 etc).

upload_2019-4-11_20-22-9.jpeg

On the NVR interface I have added manually, set the IP address and entered camera password (same password I entered above)

upload_2019-4-11_20-24-11.jpeg

Then I get the error “user name or password is wrong”

upload_2019-4-11_20-21-31.jpeg

The user name and password are definitely not wrong! I have tried many times following the user manual exactly as described.. then also hard reset and re-activated camera, rebooted NVR, removed other cameras on tried to add on own, played around with different addresses.. no avail.

Am I missing something basic here? I am beginning to think this camera is just not compatible with the NVR? I am at a loss - please help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried letting the NVR activate the Inactive camera?
Are there any special characters in the password that the NVR might object to?

SDBNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - have unchecked the H.265 box but no luck.
Password is just a combination of letters and numbers - no special characters.
I reset the camera to "inactive" state and added to NVR. The camera is activated and assigned the same password as NVR - but then still shows "user name or password is wrong" error.

I think the camera may just be incompatible with the NVR... running out of options!

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bringing up this thread. I have Hikvision NVR and Hiwatch cameras. Also have Hilook NVR and Hilook Cameras. It seems we cannot add the Hi/look/watch cameras to Hikvision NVR using Port 8000. It reports Wrong / User Password. However on same "brand" nvr it works. You can let activate the NVR the camera but results in same error.

Only solution is to use ONVIF Protocoll.

It seems Hikvision is blocking us from adding cheap series to expensive NVR.

SDBNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Bringing up this thread. I have Hikvision NVR and Hiwatch cameras. Also have Hilook NVR and Hilook Cameras. It seems we cannot add the Hi/look/watch cameras to Hikvision NVR using Port 8000. It reports Wrong / User Password. However on same "brand" nvr it works. You can let activate the NVR the camera but results in same error.

Only solution is to use ONVIF Protocoll.

It seems Hikvision is blocking us from adding cheap series to expensive NVR.
I managed to resolve my issue by assigning the camera to PANASONIC protocol..
It doesn't quite provide the full functionality of the HiWatch cameras but gets the job done

Reaction score
I have almost the same problem, I factory reset my NVR because the previous IT did not turn over any password. After I factory reset my NVR, I managed to create a new admin. But the problem is all the IP Cameras has the error of incorrect password. And I also checked the inside of the camera it has no reset button. Any help?

Edit: Now the status of all my cameras are "Offline(The user is locked)" and "Offline(Incorrect username and password)".

1700801807310.png

Last edited:

bharry10

n3wb
Reaction score
So, the process below worked for me with two HikVision cameras after my LAview NVR POE failed and trying for a couple days to login on the new HIKvision NVR.
I needed to replace two cameras after a several years, hence the two Hikvison cameras.
The original Laview cameras connected fine to the new NVR.

1- Find a POE switch - I used a Cisco power injector (CP-PWR-INJ) I had at my office so I didn't have to purchase a POE switch.
2 - Connect cameras to injector and to the internet router (I'm using a Linksys router so there were additional ports)
3 - Download and Run the SADP tool.
4 - Select the Camera and change the setting to DHCP. This will allow the camera to get an IP from your local router. Unit normally retains an IP 192.168.254.X so you cannot access from your browser. You will also need to know the last password from the old NVR as you will need it to make the change.
5 - After saving the changes, refresh the SADP and you should now have a local IP 192.168.1.xxx, or whatever IP your device issues. Enter into your browser and use the admin and old NVR password to access the camera.
6- Access the configuration page and reset camera to default. It will factory reset the camera. My camera didn't have a physical reset button.
7 - After the reset and reboot, connect the camera to your new NVR and it will register and connect.

The above took me about 5 min to complete of each of my two units.

Hopefully this helps.