Ip camera remote recording

turex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, i m thinking about ip camera remote recording (without nvr devices) Do you have any suggestion about it ? What should i search ? I think this technology is cloud based recording. I found Ivideon, i need like this one but i need my own.

Thanks for any helps.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello guys, i m thinking about ip camera remote recording (without nvr devices) Do you have any suggestion about it ? What should i search ? I think this technology is cloud based recording. I found Ivideon, i need like this one but i need my own.

Thanks for any helps.
it's going to suck unless you have enough upload speed to handle it. But most likely it's going to be slow and unwieldy, if you are looking for a backup put SD cards in the cameras.

turex

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your message. This is right, but i think my upload/download and my server upload/download is enough for it. Otherwise do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks, Best.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks for your message. This is right, but i think my upload/download and my server upload/download is enough for it. Otherwise do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks, Best.
What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

turex

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm trying to save my ip camera records to remote server. And then wanna liveview, recording and stop recording.

There are a lot of services but i wanna my own.

Thanks.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
i'm trying to save my ip camera records to remote server. And then wanna liveview, recording and stop recording.

There are a lot of services but i wanna my own.

Thanks.
no real good solution for that unless you've got a serious bi directional connection, what internet are you working with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why? This makes no sense...store it locally.
If you insist on doing it, simply stream you feed to the remote server and record...

turex

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 10 office, and i dont wanna record locally. (for some reason) :)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 10 office, and i dont wanna record locally. (for some reason) :)
typically when you have lots of physical locations like that a separate NVR at each one would be the best way to go, then you can view all of the cameras in one interface from wherever you are.

turex

n3wb
Reaction score
could you tell me please all solutions ? I wanna try just cloud based. thanks

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think this technology is cloud based recording.
With hard drives being so cheap these days and with the ability to get large storage like 6t their isn't any reason to store data on someone else's servers (cloud) in this particular case I can find no good reason for storing your data in a cloud service. Also if you record 24/7 you would prob hit your ISP data limit uploading all the time.