Ip camera rural setup

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My in laws have some property with a little campground built that we need some cameras at.

The only free standing structure there is the meter base.

Is there a good camera up to three we can add to view remotley? We have dsl down there so we can view it that way.

I was thinking of some camera eith a sd card slot.

What would yall do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Campground? I'm thinking low light performance will be important. Check out the Dahua Starlight cams reviewed here. They have awesome nighttime performance.

Fastb

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My in laws have some property with a little campground built that we need some cameras at.

The only free standing structure there is the meter base.

Is there a good camera up to three we can add to view remotley? We have dsl down there so we can view it that way.

I was thinking of some camera eith a sd card slot.

What would yall do?

What exactly is it you want to achieve young grasshopper? Protecting something?Just knowing when someone is there? Day and night number plate recognition?

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exactly is it you want to achieve young grasshopper? Protecting something?Just knowing when someone is there? Day and night number plate recognition?
Well we theres a pond there as well.

He wants to leave his bushhog tractor down there and put a camera on it. So it will be pointed in one direction to keep an eye on the tractor.

I believe recording to a sd card motion on is what we are wanting. Plus he can pull it up anytime and look at the pond dam to make sure all is well.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want to secure the tractor, a security camera is only part of that solution. If you install only a camera recording to SD you may or may not have footage of your tractor being stolen when you finally notice. The first part of that solution is building a colourbond shed which will both protect and secure the tractor. Lock the shed with a good quality padlock and put a reed switch on the door. Get a camera with alarm in and out. Wire the reed to the alarm in. Wire a strobe and/or screamer with a key operated switch in series to the alarm out. If the door is opened you get an email and the alarm sounds. If you want to open the door you disconnect the screamer using the key switch. People also don't steal tractors on foot. They need a truck or trailer. Consider a second camera set to capture plates day and night.

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a lot of wisdom packed into a short post above this one.