IP camera turns on and off every 3 minutes

Drachsi

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems the company Power Leader Video has gone out of business. I have 2 cameras, both with the same problem. I can see and use the cameras with the supplied NETSurveillance software. But after approx 3 mins the cameras turn off, then come back on again after about 3 mins, and just repeat all day long.

I can hear the camera, click on and off.

What action can I take?
Regards
Drachsi

Drachsi

n3wb
Reaction score
I did a reset, same problem. I don't use DDNS as the camera has a fixed IP address. It dose seem to me a hardware problem.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Drachsi

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you describe the full setup? Do you have BNC or UTP with seperate power supplies or UTP combined with POE? If the first & latter, it might be that the power supply is failing to provide enough power so the cams "cycle" through and through.

My suggestion to debug: detach the cams and recreate your environment in a isolated testbench: short (but reliable cables), no interference with other network devices: just a switch, a computer and the cams. You'll immediately hear if the cams remain "on" or not. Then you'll continue debugging, like @alastairstevenson suggested: factory reset is a good start, but I wouldn't do that before having eliminated external showstoppers.

Good luck!
CC

Drachsi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the camera on my desktop and connected direct to the router. tried 2 power supplies. I can hear it click on and off, it sounds like a relay switching on and off.

I also looked for camera software without success. What I have is the camera details at en / PRODUCTS / HD-IP Camera_深圳市宝锋智能科技有限公司 it is like the PLV-SNC811F I tried to contact the company, no replies.

Regards
Drachsi

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the camera on my desktop and connected direct to the router. tried 2 power supplies. I can hear it click on and off, it sounds like a relay switching on and off.

I also looked for camera software without success. What I have is the camera details at en / PRODUCTS / HD-IP Camera_深圳市宝锋智能科技有限公司 it is like the PLV-SNC811F I tried to contact the company, no replies.

Regards
Drachsi
If you cam is out of warranty, you can try to open it up and look for a factory reset switch (can be a little dipswitch) located on the mainboard.

Drachsi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, tried 12v 4.5a PS, same problem. I think it could be some setting in the camera controlled by NETSurveillance. I have never found a manual so many settings are guesswork

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems the company Power Leader Video has gone out of business. I have 2 cameras, both with the same problem. I can see and use the cameras with the supplied NETSurveillance software. But after approx 3 mins the cameras turn off, then come back on again after about 3 mins, and just repeat all day long.

I can hear the camera, click on and off.
So are you viewing a cam using it's built-in webGUI by launching a browser like Internet Explorer and putting in the cam's IP address?
And if so, it then launches "NETSurveillance" to view the cam and it looks like the image down at the bottom?

If so, unplug the camera(s) and read the following: Millions of Xiongmai Video Surveillance Devices Can be Hacked via Cloud Feature (XMEye P2P Cloud)

XMEYE_WEBgui.jpg

Drachsi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, WOW,

I am just a normal user and have cameras from aiseeing and PLV. I did the err.htm check on aiseeing, only error message showed, but on the PLV with the on off problem, it came up with the Xiongmai message. My login page for the PLV is the same as the image for Xiongmai login page.

So your advice is to junk them?

Thanks very much for an excellent report and the help you have provided.
Regards
Drachsi

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So your advice is to junk them?
Well, I know I would. Based on what I read, if they aren't already hacked, they very likely will be. By using them you run the risk of them being used as bots to perform DoS (Denial of Service) attacks on your or other networks and/or distribute malware, etc.....the bottom line? Not worth the risk.