IP Camera VS-SQ2-4G WIFI password

jimek70

n3wb
Reaction score
hello
I have problem with IP Camera.
Is there any chance to change AP WIFI password in camera ?
I tried to do it through the browser and the IP address 192.168.100.100 but after the change was still the old WIFI password: 1234567890.
Is there any way to change this password?
Otherwise, after connecting the camera, the neighbors will be able to connect to my camera via WIFI and browse the internet via my camera sim card.
Please help ...
Andy

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera make and model might help.

Is that camera advertised to connect to YOUR existing wireless router in your residence and then be accessible using a smartphone?
Most likely it is and then with your smartphone you scan a QR code so it will access the camera remotely using P2P (connecting to their cloud server, not a great idea, IMO).

I am puzzled with the "4G" logo which implies direct cellular connection (I doubt it).

jimek70

n3wb
Reaction score
This is IP PTZ VS-SQ2-4G camera and this is camera with sim 4G LTE.
This camera connects to the internet for 4G LTE networks and creates a wifi hotspot around with a password 1234567890 which cannot be changed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is IP PTZ VS-SQ2-4G camera and this is camera with sim 4G LTE.
This camera connects to the internet for 4G LTE networks and creates a wifi hotspot around with a password 1234567890 which cannot be changed.
Yikes! Someone (the designer) didn't think that password issue through, IMO.
I don't think I'd be keeping it.

jimek70

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, everything done - it could be changed in 4G sim settings.
I have another question: anyone know how to turn off IR mode in this camera because there is no option in the menu ?

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe this is an XMEye camera with a 4g module. If so, connect to the camera wifi and open the IP address 192.168.100.1
This is the IP address of the 4G control module, by default admin / admin or admin / is empty.
Then in the menu you will find the opportunity to change the password for the WIFI camera. Also this camera can work as a modem (a very bad modem)